Cleaning proof 40% IKEs - Indian Head finds

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Cleaning proof 40% IKE's - Indian Head finds

I recently bought a handful of IKE's. In the lot are some proof and UNC silver IKE's. They're all in great shape but the proofs have toning from fingerprints all over them. Do I have any options for cleaning them up without ruining them? I only paid $35 for a total of 7 silver IKE's, including a proof '73. Any help on cleaning them up would be appreciated.

Also, bought about a 100 Indian Heads for under $60. I expected there to be a handful of culls, which there where. However, there also were two full liberty 1909 coins and a very reasonable (G I'm guessing) 1908-S.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently bought a handful of IKE's. In the lot are some proof and UNC silver IKE's. They're all in great shape but the proofs have toning from fingerprints all over them. Do I have any options for cleaning them up without ruining them? I only paid $35 for a total of 7 silver IKE's, including a proof '73. Any help on cleaning them up would be appreciated.

Also, bought about a 100 Indian Heads for under $60. I expected there to be a handful of culls, which there where. However, there also were two full liberty 1909 coins and a very reasonable (G I'm guessing) 1908-S.

Dawd I'd dip it in some sulfuric acid add some sugar and boom! You have a clean coin

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe pure acetone (not the fingernail polish remover type) should remove fingerprints from the coin.

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with twitch that comment had a certain level of dipsh#t-ness to it that makes you completely disregard anything that person has to say...
okay im done venting, what were we talking about again? oh right cleaning silver ikes, what I want to know is if I were to clean a toned silver ike what would that do to its value because in its current condition its probably only melt anyway

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to agree with twitch that comment had a certain level of dipsh#t-ness to it that makes you completely disregard anything that person has to say...
okay im done venting, what were we talking about again? oh right cleaning silver ikes, what I want to know is if I were to clean a toned silver ike what would that do to its value because in its current condition its probably only melt anyway

For personal reasons if its an average Ike, and if you are into shiny coins then clean it. Just be warned it will loose nearly all of its numismatic value, and it will still retain melt . Also, how does one confuse dip :censored: ness, with humor? If you agree with twitch, I think both of you have anhedonia, because its kind of hard to not perceive what em wrote as humorous.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
For personal reasons if its an average Ike, and if you are into shiny coins then clean it. Just be warned it will loose nearly all of its numismatic value, and it will still retain melt . Also, how does one confuse dip :censored: ness, with humor? If you agree with twitch, I think both of you have anhedonia, because its kind of hard to not perceive what em wrote as humorous.

Haters gonna hate but they can't stop me from rollin'

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
OK, I'll chime in....I have no problem with humor it's just that all the thug and "gangsta" talk is getting old, really old......I was born in America, therefore I speak English.....yeah, yeah, I know dawg, haters gonna hate......

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the mods said several months ago that the gangsta talk was going to stop. Yet it's still going on. But enough about that.
You gave information that someone as a joke that an uninformed person could have taken as gospel. They could have ruined a coin! No one can necessarily tell it's a jokes simply by looking at written words.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the mods said several months ago that the gangsta talk was going to stop. Yet it's still going on. But enough about that.
You gave information that someone as a joke that an uninformed person could have taken as gospel. They could have ruined a coin! No one can necessarily tell it's a jokes simply by looking at written words.

DAWG DERES A REASON I NO POST HERE NO MO.

:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread