1982 D/P Cu/Zn Large/Small dates

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Over time I've collected up a few ziplock bags of each of the Varieties of the 82 cent. So the other day, I decided to pull he best couple of each and set them aside as groups.
Wasn't long before I realized I have very FEW really good examples of two of the varieties- In fact, I only had 20 each of the D-Zn-Large and the P-CU-Small and they were horrible- but more than too many of all the other varieties...
In doing the sort- I made a little grid on paper- that some of you might find useful. Can weigh quickly into ZN and Copper groups then sort those into which ever quad.

Side note- seems with such a large number of varieties- there bound to be one D-Cu-Small out there for me to find- of course only one- and me to find it. That would be one valuable cent!

If anyone comes across a couple BU of the D-Zn-Large and the P-CU-Small <--- I'd at the least for a stamp!
PEACE
1982 varieties.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's interesting that I'm doing the same thing myself! I'm still in the dividing stage.....separating the zinc from the copper. From there I'm going to divide them according to mint and LD and SD. I was mostly curious as to the percentages of each that were minted and what has survived until now. I'll let you know what I find when I'm done. I still have lots to go through so it might take a while. Over the future years, there will be a lot fewer zinc ones due to the fact they will dissolve in salt water and high acidic conditions and become unreadable. It's amazing that the mint is allowed to produce that kind of crap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread