1/4 eagle in penny roll?

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more crazy sh#t I saw on ebay Old Unsearched Penny Roll Gold $2 50 Quarter Eagle 1863 Indian Head Cent 5 | eBay , and Old Unsearched Penny Roll 1910 Gold $2 50 Qtr Eagle 1909 s Wheat Penny 9 | eBay . theres about 5 different rolls like this with quarter eagles on the ends, all by the same seller, ive never seen or heard of any case of this happening to a crh and there is no way pre -33 gold is still in circulation, these had to have been pulled from circulation say, 90 years ago. my question; could this have actually happen, and what are the chances that an old penny roll from that era would contain one of these? has anyone ever come across one in real life?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
more crazy sh#t I saw on ebay Old Unsearched Penny Roll Gold $2 50 Quarter Eagle 1863 Indian Head Cent 5 | eBay , and Old Unsearched Penny Roll 1910 Gold $2 50 Qtr Eagle 1909 s Wheat Penny 9 | eBay . theres about 5 different rolls like this with quarter eagles on the ends, all by the same seller, ive never seen or heard of any case of this happening to a crh and there is no way pre -33 gold is still in circulation, these had to have been pulled from circulation say, 90 years ago. my question; could this have actually happen, and what are the chances that an old penny roll from that era would contain one of these? has anyone ever come across one in real life?

These are staged rolls to get unknowing and naive people to bid on the rolls and boost the bid price!

Frank

OP
OP
kaiser613

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what I figured but the idea is intriguing, if I ever come across a full box from that era im gonna have to buy it now

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Yeah sure, all hoards that are ever found contain tons of rolls with crazy messed up rolls... Cuz folks couldn't tell the difference between copper, gold, or silver before 1959 and the memorial cent came out...

Nope... them old looking rolls are easy to stage.
PEACE

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Yes, gold has been found in rolls by CRH'ers on TNet. I think the most recent was this past spring. The photo shows the gold rim in middle of the plastic Brinks cent roll. It was a quarter eagle. I don't have the link, but there was a thread. As CRH'ers, we don't nominate threads for Banner. We like to keep it as quiet as possible.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, gold has been found in rolls by CRH'ers on TNet. I think the most recent was this past spring. The photo shows the gold rim in middle of the plastic Brinks cent roll. It was a quarter eagle. I don't have the link, but there was a thread. As CRH'ers, we don't nominate threads for Banner. We like to keep it as quiet as possible.

It was a clear brinks dime roll (im sure thas what you meant) and then 1 more was found in another dime roll earlier this summer- but ya those on ebay are staged

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
kaiser613

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, just found that thread, this only serves to make me a more devout crh'er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread