anewdollars.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 786

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I don't like the front---Ole George looks like he is saying....Here is yet another dollar coin that won't be used

The back except for the ---$1--- I like it. Only my opinion.

Relic_hunter1557

Feb 15, 2007
Well alongside this they are making gold first ladies. For the presidents who didn't have a wife they are putting the liberty design that was on the coin at the time.

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Mrs. oroblanco,

The whole point of this coin program is to put ALL the presidents on one dollar coins. There will be 4 different obverses a year, and the program will go in order of date served. So the mint couldn't just skip Washington because he's on the quarter....

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got one yesterday. I think it's too close in size to the quarter. Isn't that one of the major reasons the Susan B. Anthony failed? Have you seen where they put the date? It will be worn off in no time.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
willie d said:
I just got one yesterday. I think it's too close in size to the quarter. Isn't that one of the major reasons the Susan B. Anthony failed? Have you seen where they put the date? It will be worn off in no time.

I agree there. Collectors will be cursing circulated coins like these in years to come, we all know how frustrating it is to find a dateless coin. :P

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't see a mint date on it? Did I miss something? I see the date of the presidents reign, but not a stamp date.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
djui5 said:
I don't see a mint date on it? Did I miss something? I see the date of the presidents reign, but not a stamp date.

It is "edge-incused" so you won't be able to see it in a coin mount (unless you use a 50¢ or $1 mount).

Also the "In God We Trust" wording; which Washington the city seems to be ashamed of.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
I'd like to know how much money was wasted on the design and who the hell came up with such an agly design and who is the mindless loser than decided the USA needed another dollar coin?

My 2 cents,

Cap Z.

Yuck!
Another cheap copper clad coin.

At least they could start making them out of 40% silver or nickle or something other than copper that will turn ugly.

Bluck, phooy!

Not very collectable in my opinion.

I hope I don't run into any.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
djui5 said:

The date/mm, "E Pluribus Unum" and "In God we Trust" are all on the edge, and hard to read. I can see where they would wear off rather easily. :-\

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I held the coin on my scanner and took a scan of the edge, for the date/mm..

Attachments

• anedge.jpg
    anedge.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 691

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I got 3 of them today and do not like the words on the edge, especially the mint mark. You can always look up when George was made into this series, but if the mint mark wears off, oh well. Also I noticed that the 3 I have two of them have it so when reading the "In God We Trust" and the rest on the edge, that Washington's face is on top, but 1 of them has it so when reading these words the Statue of Liberty is on top. They do this on purpose or did I luck out with an error?

Funkman

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
rockhoundoo7 said:
yeah...i've been trying to get one of those, but the banks are only giving them to people with an account with them

Really? That's crazy. I went in 3 times to pick some up for other people, and I don't have an account there. That's just being petty, IMO.

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Coin beauty and quality has gone way downhill, ESPECIALLY since the introduction of the z i n c p e n n e y. The US gov needs to step up to the plate and make some coins that make us say "WOW". Come on, with our technology,,,,,, at least make a silver production coin again or something.

Just my pennies worth.

MC

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They haven't hit my town as of today.

Fossis..................

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
I picked up 10 at a bank yesterday,they are uglier in the hand than in the pictures.

They shall be known to me ,evermore, as Chuckee Cheese dollars.

hasbeen

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
funkman,of eight new dollar coins I still have ,seven of them have the Statue of Liberty on top when the words are right side up.The words and date are not indexed to any part of the coin but may appear at any point on the circumferance.

hasbeen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions