Was this a good deal?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I added all of my stack today since my 1 year anniversary is just around the corner and I'm making a YouTube video of all of it. So I'm at 302.48 oz of junk silver, premium silver, ASE, generic rounds a little of everything...

Wow!

I have somewhere between 50-75 ounces. That's really cool!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How long have you been stacking for? That's still a good, you have more then alot of peeps here!

I've only been at it for about a year or so.

I mostly try to fill coin folders and albums, but I do have lucky days. I mostly do nickels, cents, and halves, but also collect paper currency as well, so that's why everyone else is ahead of me! :)

- DS

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS for the OP

That price seems pretty much Melt...which i guess is good for Pawnshops....Thou i would never personally want to deal with Pawn shops in that manner...But thats not a bad price...and when Silver hits the $30+ you will be golden!

silver seeker

Nov 12, 2013
California
Primary Interest:
Other
alright I checked my coin shop today and check ed junk silver prices. at todays price of 20.35 I bought
dimes for 1.62
quarters for 4.07
halves for 8.12
generic rounds for 23.00
and silver eagles for 25.00

and for the junk silver I can choose any design I want they have in the bin for the same rate of 16.25 per $1 face value, for the dimes 1 bought 30 random and got 25 merc and 5 roosies, I got 2 quarters and chose 2 barbers I got 3 halves and got 2 franklins and 1 walker. they never have any bars smaller than 10 ounces so I didn't get an

Great pick ups! Keep on stacking!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering that Silver spot prices were around $20.75 on the day in question, you did very well! The Silver in the Quarters was valued at $3.75 for each Quarter and since you should be able to get $20 to $22 for the Peace Dollars and $30 to $35 for the Silver Eagle, you probably could have turned the coins over on the same day for $180 to $190 without trying to hard.

While some Pawn Shops will try to get the highest price possible for their' items, there are still some that are fair or more than fair! I have dealt with Pawn Shops for many, many years and know which ones to visit for deals and the ones not to visit. I have made a lot of money off of coins purchased from some of these. I once purchased 6 Proof Sets which included three 1999 Proof Sets for a total of $48 which included the taxes. Little did I know at the time that the three 1999 Proof Sets all had the 1999-S "Close AM" Variety Lincoln Cents in them as it was one of those days where I was pressed for time, so I was in and out in 5 minutes. I did not look closely at the Proof Sets but knew that $48 for all 6 was a good deal! I can't remember exactly how much I got for the three 1999 Proof Sets when I sold them but I do know that it was around $300 or more.

If a Pawn Shop is overpriced on their' items, then make them an offer. They can either accept the offer, turn it down or make a counter-offer!

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread