Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call BS since I never met a coin that changed tone with warm water and a tooth brush. You all can bash me for so little experience here if you like.

Well....Have you ever dug coins in Oregon?... Cant make an assumtion if your answer is no

..Oh and Congrats....You have now Offically seen the first coin that looked "white-washed" from washing it with water.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MickeyMaquire,
Your definition refers to the word PRESTIDIGITATION, which is not the spelling I commented on: PRESTIGITION.
Don...

Sorry. The word means the same, but, it is French origin. I doubt that you will find many references online.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry. The word means the same, but, it is French origin. I doubt that you will find many references online.

Then that explains it, as many of the French treat most folks from other countries, especially Americans with rudeness, contempt and sarcasm! Sorry but I had a bad experience when I visited Paris in 1973 while in the U.S. Army!

Frank

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seams to always be someone like this Prestigition Digger guy in these forums ~~ making rude assuming comments. Maybe the ground in New Jersey doesn't damage copper & nickel coins like it does in Oregon. Lucky you!

"Cars and firearms are like metal detectors...not for everyone." . . . wow, what a jerk
Just to give him the benefit of the doubt, his observation might not have been directed to you, but to the ground in which your coin was buried. I've had some luck in the past where crusty wheats looked a lot better after a tumble with walnut shells as the medium. You might want to try it first with something less rare but with similar damage to see if you like the effect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread