cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much is the price of Morgans controlled by they price of silver? I think it would only matter if they are low or cull but is that right.
I think that's right.....and also true. The collector value is added to the silver value. Silver dollars have a slight premium over lower denominations for a couple of reasons. First, they weigh more than, say 2 silver halves. They're also easier to count and therefor more popular with silver hoarders.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a couple places selling them for right aroun 18 each...some were "OK" some were in horrible shape...The going price on ebay is roughly 22-25 bucks

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be wise when buying them. Take a small flat magnet - hold the coin at a 60 degree's. Place the magnet on the top of the coin. If the magnet GLIDES slowly down the coin it is real. If it flies fast down the face of the coin it is fake.
Don't believe me - look it up, or better yet - try it.
Be smart - Don't let a flea market vendor rip you off.

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be a local trend on the west cost but our price on Morgans have increased significantly. Silver at this time is not really driving the price on non key date coins. it is large dealers buying them and reselling them to the home shopping club type programs. My price on Morgans has me paying over grey sheet by a healthy chunk. An example of some of the prices I have to pay. Cull 18 - 18.75, G-f 23.75 and AU 33, BU 37. So the profit margin has been pretty thin for Morgans recently.

Cheers - Koffee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions