large hoard acquired from my dad.. got any info on these coins?

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my dad found a bunch of coins hes had and said i could have
i know what the indian heads, v nickels and standing libertys average- i plan on holding on to all these.
ivwdww.jpg
15fmweq.jpg

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Massachusetts one is similar to, but also very different from the one listed in my Red Book as "unique" and residing in the Massachusetts Historical Society Collection.

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Massachusetts one is similar to, but also very different from the one listed in my Red Book as "unique" and residing in the Massachusetts Historical Society Collection.

I was thinking the same thing. I am 100% sure it is a replica. The other stuff isn't worth much individually, but maybe $200-$300, depending on the dates of the American stuff. Quite a nice collection. "Coin-"grats!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yours is also similar to, but different from the replica Pine Tree Copper found here: Own a Piece of History, coin replicas of our past, Whispering Dream Pewter, coins and information, history and sets
Seems that there are a bunch of replicas of that one out there. If real, it would be worth a cool mil or so...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

thanks all.. yea i figured but im keeping it , ty for that link i saw the one on coinreplicas.com and it said they have the word 'copy' on the pine side, and a book says also to look for copy on the edges, mine has no mismarks, weighs about 14.5g .... dunno cool though, really, regardless

and also weird my dad is from boston, mass quincy area and had it since the 40's50s from his grandfather so i really dont know family airloom pos or not

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All looks pretty common. The value is the silver. Always worth checking every coin though, things can slip by for years.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are any of the quarters dated before 1925? Some of them can be worth a good amount. I just finished that set and it was not a cheap one! 1916 is worth some big bucks.

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are any of the quarters dated before 1925? Some of them can be worth a good amount. I just finished that set and it was not a cheap one! 1916 is worth some big bucks.

yeah got a whole set + doubles, some no dates my dad use to work at a bank and saved these and some halfs hes got to find for me, walking/franklins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread