UPDATE on found 1909 DREI MARK Silver coin...Minor cleaning.

BrianDickSmith

Dec 31, 2013
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE on found 1909 'DREI MARK' Silver coin...Minor cleaning.

I took some of the advice from when I made the initial post about this coin. Im fairley new to hunting and in turn am just learning proper ways to clean diff. coins. I wanted to post an update to show more of the coin detail. I seen diff. values for this coin. As of now I don't plan on selling it. There were a lot of these coins made for its time but I've been told by 2 hunters in Germany who claim between the 2 of them have only found 1 of these. Enjoy and HH!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

20140119_101041.jpg 20140119_101158.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took some of the advice from when I made the initial post about this coin. Im fairley new to hunting and in turn am just learning proper ways to clean diff. coins. I wanted to post an update to show more of the coin detail. I seen diff. values for this coin. As of now I don't plan on selling it. There were a lot of these coins made for its time but I've been told by 2 hunters in Germany who claim between the 2 of them have only found 1 of these. Enjoy and HH!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

View attachment 932604 View attachment 932605
Considering the number of German coin varieties, that's not surprising! I'm glad I don't collect German coins, I'd go broke trying to complete a collection. Each state issued their own coins for endless versions of the same denomination coin.

OP
OP
BrianDickSmith

BrianDickSmith

Dec 31, 2013
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the number of German coin varieties, that's not surprising! I'm glad I don't collect German coins, I'd go broke trying to complete a collection. Each state issued their own coins for endless versions of the same denomination coin.

I don't collect German coins either but of coarse when it comes to silver I don't care where you come from its my kind of language!!, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread