Coin protection

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are wanting to protect them, don't put them in folders.

I like Intercept Shield albums for my really nice coins and Dansco makes some pretty good stuff.

I like airtights for holding individual coins.

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folders will not protect the coins 100% (Can cause spotting and toning). If you want solid protection for a few years just as you found the coin, just buy 2x2 cardboard holders and staple them in there and organize as you wish.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're constantly upgrading, plastic flips are the easiest to work with.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folders will not protect the coins 100% (Can cause spotting and toning). If you want solid protection for a few years just as you found the coin, just buy 2x2 cardboard holders and staple them in there and organize as you wish.

You may find it worthwhile to use canned air to blow away any tiny cardboard particles from the inside of the 2x2 holder, before putting the coin in there. Don't just blow on them with your own mouth, or you will get tiny spit particles in there. That'll result in spots on the coin in the long term.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread