OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get rid of your cell phones and get one of those cheapy ones from Wallyworld.

Good idea except for I use my phone to buy all kinds of crap at yard sales for on eBay. I think we would save about $180 a month if we did but then he would have to buy a new camera to take pictures. An alarm clock to wake up in the morning. I did just sell off both of my iPads because I did not need them and they were just going to probably be broken anyways. My kids were sad.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not bad if you use it to make money. We know a couple that has no house payment and they both get a good size check every month without working. They pay for everybody's phone bill in their family and extended family. They are always broke and complaining. We don't know how much they pay for the phones but it has to be a lot. Whatever anybody uses their money for it means less for something else.

My daughter just turned nine and she keeps asking for A cell phone. I keep telling her to show me her paycheck so she can get one. I will get her a prepaid phone. But there's no way she's getting an iPhone or smart phone she can have a stupid phone. The neighbor girl comes over here all the time. She is in foster care and her grandmother bought her a smart phone for Christmas. This girls eight years old and she is addicted to her phone. She will not put it down to talk to anybody. I told her if she comes over here to play she better leave that thing at home or she's not coming in the door. It is crazy. My kids won't have one unless they're working. Even if they have enough money in their savings account. They better get a job!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
She is in foster care and her grandmother bought her a smart phone for Christmas. This girls eight years old and she is addicted to her phone. She will not put it down to talk to anybody.

It can be a very difficult and hard life for a child in foster care.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Family and a roof come first. I'll mail you a few Mercs to get you started again;)

Save 1 gold.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Real estate is one of the better returns on your investment. A home for you and your kids is priceless!
Best of luck!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Rent is cheaper than buying in some cases. I own my own home, but if i were still renting I would have saved up the cash and saved thousands over paying a mortage. Also, keep in mind, you can own your home but you will never own your property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread