3 Morgans and 1 Peace

takeonestepback

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Loaned* a friend $120 a couple years back and he handed me these once he found out I was doing the coin collecting to raise fundage for a house. 1885b.jpg 1885f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

takeonestepback

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea on grading? I still suck at that. Think i gotta find a local guy to sit down with me and explain on the coins the gradings and why by pointing it out

Sent from my beer can using pocket lint.

OP
OP
T

takeonestepback

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the 85 and 21 look to be ms65 to me, 89 looks like a au60, and the 22 I'd guess a au50..

Sent from my beer can using pocket lint.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news! However, I must tell you that all of the coins except for the 1922-P Peace Dollar appear to be counterfeits! I could be wrong but many of the Stars on the Obverses of the coins appear funky and out of alignment. Also, why else would anyone whizz a coin with BU details as they did on the 1885-O, except to hide something that they did not want to bring attention to and that something, IMHO is that they are counterfeits. You need to check all of the coins with a magnet, do the Silver ring test and/or have them checked by a qualified and trusted Coin Dealer.

Frank

OP
OP
T

takeonestepback

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a basic magnet test and did the silver ring test on them and they didn't fail, so far. I don't have the high end magnet. The ringing test seems to come out ok. gives the 2 second long bell ring. Also I use the app "Bullion Test" on my android phone and the ring frequencies match up. Still going to take them in though since I don't think it will settle in my head as ok till they clear them.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the grading , all of the Morgan dollars have been very harshly cleaned, so no grade. The Peace dollar is the only good one of the bunch, hard to grade from pictures but might be XF-AU.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread