1957 penny

takeonestepback

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uploadfromtaptalk1425927344763.jpg anyone seen anything like the doubled 7 on these?
Brought it in to dealer last month and he said it was a double. I thought it was a cud, etc but he explained that it was too uniform and in line. Said most cuds aren't that straight and more blob like. He explained to hold onto it as it could increase in value, but not a guarantee . He also said value would change if more showed up to where it could be listed as a variety. If nothing else shows up, probably wouldn't increase in value.
So is there a set number of an item that sets it as a variety?

Sent from my beer can using pocket lint.

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dealers right, it's doubled but it's machine doubling if that. That's what he left out.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be wrong but I believe that the "7" actually took a hit (damage) on the tail and is what caused it to spread out!

Frank

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a pretty common date for cuds, filled dies, machine doubling, etc. Not dramatic enough to have a premium IMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions