Church buying silver

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold some coins on eBay and it's been five days since payment. I email him and he said he sorry he would pay on Friday which is fine. But then he continued to say that his church has been buying silver nonstop this whole year and last. I checked the buyers feedback and there's over 3000 transactions in 12 months and going through most of them the sellers they bought from our coin dealers. Why would a church be buying up that much silver?

Part of me wants to ask him on my eBay account but really it's none of my business. I just haven't heard of an organization like a church or really anyone buying up as much as he could. He says they open humans to 70 people and I hope to have them I'll pay by Friday.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they are making a large underground bunker with which to store it in for tribulation times.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Planning ahead for when the economy goes bust! They will then be able to function and probably feed the congregation by trading the Silver for services and food.

Frank

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Why would a church be buying up that much silver?

Some churches exist for religious purposes, other "churches" are just havens for fringe kooks and weirdos.

My guess is a Church that is buying physical silver on an institutional basis is going to incline very strongly towards the latter, as metals bugs tend to be doomsday fantasists (to varying degrees) but virtually never exhibit any obvious proximity to investing acumen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread