2002 P & D Uncirc Mint Set: Split & Slab?

CoincDent

Greenie
Mar 30, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 20151027_233634.jpg
    20151027_233634.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless there are some extremely high grade coins in the sets, there is no way they would be worth having graded. The two sets combined are probably worth less than ten dollars. The cost to have them graded would be many multiples of the value of the coins.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
l.cutler is correct! Most of the coins in the sets would have to grade MS-68 or better to make a profit after paying the fees for certification and grading. The only exception is probably the 2002-D Nickel in MS-66 with a Full Steps designation noted on the holder's label.

Frank

OP
OP
C

CoincDent

Greenie
Mar 30, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Well gentlemen, thank you for affirming reality!:tongue3: I had hoped you might know of some error or variety with this year that I need to know about.

I was surprised at how many nicks and minute scratches a couple of these have, they must have played baseball with the bag the coins were in:laughing7:
and the dime has an E that looks like it might be doubled... but that plastic is a bugger to take a picture through!

The 2002-D appears to my novice eyes, to have full steps...but that don't mean they're there. If I can get a good picture I'll post it and see what ya think!

Thanks for your help!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well gentlemen, thank you for affirming reality!:tongue3: I had hoped you might know of some error or variety with this year that I need to know about.

I was surprised at how many nicks and minute scratches a couple of these have, they must have played baseball with the bag the coins were in:laughing7:
and the dime has an E that looks like it might be doubled... but that plastic is a bugger to take a picture through!

The 2002-D appears to my novice eyes, to have full steps...but that don't mean they're there. If I can get a good picture I'll post it and see what ya think!

Thanks for your help!

Check the first link below for Varieties. Errors are a different matter and can happen with any coin of any denomination and mintmark but check out the Error/Variety check list at the second link below for what to look for.

CONECA Master Listings

http://conecaonline.org/content/ErrorChecklist.pdf

Good luck!

Frank

OP
OP
C

CoincDent

Greenie
Mar 30, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank... You're a gem! :notworthy:

Thank you for the links! I have quite a few web pages bookmarked already, but I think I have too many because I forget about them and don't check some of them...BUT I'll definitely add the two you've provided to my favorites list!

Thank you!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread