Irishi two euro coins

Gav22

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it true that these Irish two euro coins are selling for quite a bit in America
20160704_141147.jpg

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I seriously doubt it, at todays rate it is only worth 2.22 USD. But that is if you can find a bank or exchange who will accept coins. Most banks on both sides of the Atlantic do not accept foreign coins in a currency exchange. Its a weight to value ratio in the eventual long way home.

But you can order the mint set online for about 9 bucks for all the EU coins.

However I have seen things about this stupid before: in Europe back when the US quarters started making State ones they sold for about 2 bucks each on ebay. Folks here thought it would be worth something, fact is on both sides both coins are just normal circulation.

OP
OP
G

Gav22

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas there is a few people I know collecting them like crazy one fella has around 400 euros worth of them they seem to tgink they are selling in America for crazy money

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks fellas there is a few people I know collecting them like crazy one fella has around 400 euros worth of them they seem to tgink they are selling in America for crazy money

Then take advantage if you can find the market; I know I did with ever US quarter I had.

Another thing that went nuts here where those War Pogs you would get at the PX down range. I had hundreds of those and sold each one at 4 Euro each to one guy who claimed he was getting 10 bucks each. I did not have the market he had but I had plenty of useless Pogs the US gave out as change but would not accept back for currency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread