Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kind of playing around, trying different things with the camera...

I thought I would throw this on too, just for something to do my only connection to the world right now! So, you guys are just stuck with my posts today!.:laughing7:

1889 Seated Dime, with what I think is a double reverse? :dontknow: Again, trying to take pics with a loupe on the camera and while in the flip.

1889 dime 001.JPG 1889 dime 002.JPG 1889 dime 003.JPG 1889 dime 004.JPG

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a nice Double Die Reverse Variety that you found Nitric! It is FS-10-1889-801 (005.3) in the Fourth Edition Volume II of the Cherrypicker's Guide. Since the pricing is old, I am not sure of the possible value. However, I will say that it is valued at the least at $35 but probably closer to $50 or more.

Frank

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice Double Die Reverse Variety that you found Nitric! It is FS-10-1889-801 (005.3) in the Fourth Edition Volume II of the Cherrypicker's Guide. Since the pricing is old, I am not sure of the possible value. However, I will say that it is valued at the least at $35 but probably closer to $50 or more.

Frank

Thank you!!! I found it going through rolls years ago and stuck it aside. I was glad to see I still had it!:laughing7: Thanks to you! I know exactly what it is now!! That one is solved! :laughing7: My corner of the room has all these little piles everywhere. Seems a little over whelming at the moment. A lot of junk! Glad to see a few better stuff hanging around mixed in the boxes..

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
At one time, I sought and collected Liberty Seated Dimes because they are the series and denomination that were plagued with Die Clashing more so than any other U.S. coinage. I even had owned a high grade Liberty Seated Dime (an 1853 I believe) that was and probably still if the most Die Clashed and Counter-Die Clashed Dime ever discovered. Sadly, I sold it to Larry Briggs in 2007 or 2008 when I sold almost my' entire coin collection out of frustration and disgust with dishonest Coin Dealers.

Frank

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one time, I sought and collected Liberty Seated Dimes because they are the series and denomination that were plagued with Die Clashing more so than any other U.S. coinage. I even had owned a high grade Liberty Seated Dime (an 1853 I believe) that was and probably still if the most Die Clashed and Counter-Die Clashed Dime ever discovered. Sadly, I sold it to Larry Briggs in 2007 or 2008 when I sold almost my' entire coin collection out of frustration and disgust with dishonest Coin Dealers.

Frank

Out of all the collections and even boxes and bags of silver that we went through, Seated dimes seemed to be uncommon and almost under priced for as few that are actually floating around. Seated anything really! I like the older stuff. Even some of the colonials seem under priced for what you actually see. The bad part is all the fakes. Some of this stuff is slowly coming back to me after looking stuff up today. I can't believe how bad my memory is. Kind of scary.... Frustrating too!:BangHead:

I think I might start trying to do something with coins again , slowly, since I'm basically starting out from nothing again.. And you are right There are many dishonest people. It's not just in coins. I realize everyone has to make a buck, but there is making money and flat out crooks! I've met and dealt with both extremes. On here I joke around a lot, ok..most all the time!:laughing7: But person to person or out in and about, I take pride in my reputation and the trust that people have for me. On here? Well, all we have is our writing and mine stinks!!:laughing7:

I just heard about a friend that I haven't seen in years, being ripped off at a show. They caught the guy, made him empty his pockets, he had the coin, They refused to kick him out of the show even after they knew he was stealing coins!! I guess he had a dealer friend with him that pulled a little weight. To me that's sick if that's what actually happened! You steal your banned from all shows in my idea of how it should be!!!!!! After you smash his fingers with a hammer!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions