• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    637.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read on the internet that ANACS was about the only grading service for dug coins. Some guy dug one and it was valued at $1300

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read on the internet that ANACS was about the only grading service for dug coins. Some guy dug one and it was valued at $1300

WHAT REALLY!! I seen it is a key date I wasn't sure if it was 1909-s or 1909-s VDB that was the good one!! Thanks

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
IMHO, the coin appears to be at the least a Very Fine and worthy of a conservation, certification and grading. I can't tell if that is damage or a lamination error from about the "U" in "TRUST" extending SSE to mid-ways between Lincoln's nose and the rim. A soaking in distilled water to wash away some more of the dirt and patting dry between the folds of a soft towel might show the area as well as the entire coin more but do not attempt to really clean the coin as you can do damage that could void it from being graded. With conservation, certification and grading, the coin could possibly fetch $800 on a good day and possibly more.

Frank

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMHO, the coin appears to be at the least a Very Fine and worthy of a conservation, certification and grading. I can't tell if that is damage or a lamination error from about the "U" in "TRUST" extending SSE to mid-ways between Lincoln's nose and the rim. A soaking in distilled water to wash away some more of the dirt and patting dry between the folds of a soft towel might show the area as well as the entire coin more but do not attempt to really clean the coin as you can do damage that could void it from being graded. With conservation, certification and grading, the coin could possibly fetch $800 on a good day and possibly more.

Frank

Thanks Frank I appreciate the detailed information. I believe this one I will get graded!! I think what you are referring to could possibly be dirt but I have not tried to extensively clean it which I won't! HH

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So that what a 09-s-vdb looks like in the wild. A big super congrats on this one. Well done

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! So tough to find. Probably will get a net grade if submitted, but still rare nonetheless. Congrats!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other