Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got this pretty clean quarter in change from a kid at baskin robins a couple of months ago. It was pretty clean and the edge was still sharp to rough up my fingers. Now that I'm paying more attention thanks to this forum, I looked it up and there are type B and C but I can't see a difference really with the photo I saw online. Any help would be appreciated 20180507_195401.jpeg 20180507_193914.jpeg

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
That appears to be a type A.

Do something similar to what I do to help identify varieties. Locate high quality images of all varieties of the coin. Print them in the largest convenient format (I use standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper). Place prints in a protective sleeve. Place sleeves in a binder. You now have a reference book.

Time for more coffee.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! You got silver in your change! Congrats on that for starters, and also for snagging a beautiful example! While I've been fortunate to receive a handful of silver dimes in change over the years, I can't recall scoring a silver GW.. (ask me about the GW score from my friend at a local coffee shop tho)...Congrats again on your new score, Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread