Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call this one Fredo. For all fans of The Godfather series... "You broke my heart." - Michael Corleone

I can see the issues and that's what breaks my heart. I'm sure that my father purchased it in this condition. Would PCGS or NGC encapsulate this one? I'd be happy to have this one labeled "Genuine" or "XF Details". I tried to post the worst photos of it that I could take. I realize that it's been harshly cleaned. The scratches to the right of Lady Liberty don't show much when viewed straight on, but really pop when taken from the angle I used in the last photo. The smudges that you see across the top left 4 stars, curving smudge to the right of Lady Liberty, and between the lowest two stars on the right are actually on the coin.

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They also determine if its genuine. Love the seated coin design.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm afraid it would come back with XF/AU details, but, cleaned. Might still be worth it though, as the coin has enough value to justify it. Depends on what you plan for the coin....keep, probably not.....sell......maybe yes.

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Right now they’re all keepers, and yes, I would greatly enjoy finding a stack of these coins. I really just need to figure out what all he had and value, in case my mother does want to eventually sell them. She knows less about buying and selling collectible coins than I do.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a beautiful seated specimen...:icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting