Foreign coins

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that NOT ALL coin dealers are interested in foreign coins, but who would be the best possible source to turn over hundreds & hundreds of foreign coins ( Mex & Can not included).
These are coins that I found in dime boxes, reject trays, and various strays.

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sell them in bulk lots on EBay. Most modern coins have little or no value (unless they are silver.)

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
your not going to get much....give them to your friends kids.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an idea, check the coins with a magnet, those that don't stick run thru a coin machine, this way I'll get my ten cents worth of which I lost at the time of the dime box search. It will then release in the wild foreign coins for someone who might want them.
I'm talking maybe a couple of thousand.

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pack them into a tightly sealed plastic jar, like a cleaned out peanut butter jar, and bury it somewhere! Someone, somewhen, will get a cool find! Or if you have a lot of them, in multiple jars.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought boxes of foreign coins and stamp collections when I was a kid haven't checked them all but I don't think any of em have much value

Jimoutside

Jul 16, 2019
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look for current currency first--some like Australian $1, $2 coin and stuff are worth current value and it may be worth hanging onto if you have enough of them to say, trade to someone going to that country. Then, look for old stuff, pre-WWII, for instance, clearly anything that might be silver, or have gold content, etc. It may be a painstaking task to try and winnow it down to anything worthwhile, but I guess it depends how much time you have and how poor you are. You're going to have tons of worthless ones, worth less than ten cents each no matter what way you sell them. Those are the ones you need to bundle up and put on E-bay, making sure your shipping cost covers the packaging and all. Or you might sell them at a local craft show, collectible show, gunshow, or whatever, if you have enough of them to bother with a table, or subrenting from somebody else's table and/or have them sell them for you. Packs of random foreign coins for say, $3 apiece or whatever. Or give them to your kids to take to school and sell....etc. etc. etc.

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Agree with Jimoutside - look and separate spendable stuff (Canadian, recent Mexican, Euros, UK Pounds, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Swiss, Australian, South African, New Zealand) and other "Benchmark Euro Currencies" (West German, Austrian, Irish, Spanish); it is sold at a discount off of exchange rate. Also of note, solid nickel coin like French francs and Dutch Guilders. This is in addition to any silver or pre-1946 coins you may come across. The rest can be traded on Ebay or Craigslist for $4 - $10 per pound depending on how much older stuff there is. PM me for more info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread