How do I get my old coins graded?

OP
OP
P

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
the anacs is in columbus Oh about an hour and A half away sounds like A road trip to me.at least that way I won't have to ship them.your personal opinon,do you think it would be worth it?

R

Rich

ya whats the deal with the no-grades from PGCS and NGC?.....

and also how reputable is ANACS>?....in turn around time?....and grading?.....

thier forms are like docotrs insuriance forms...lol

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich said:
ya whats the deal with the no-grades from PGCS and NGC?.....

and also how reputable is ANACS>?....in turn around time?....and grading?.....

thier forms are like docotrs insuriance forms...lol

ANACS 1 of the top 3 grading companies,

they are also 1 of the "only" that grade almost exclusively (Breens, and Vam's).

I buy/sell many of their coins...........

To the original question,

as someone stated in a post above,

if your coins are not extremely high grade and or rare/high dollar to begin with,

it's not worth sending them in for grading,

you'll pay $20 to $45 "each" to have them graded, but, if the coin/s are only worth $1 to $50 or so
to begin with,

it doesn't do you any good because, they'll still only be worth what they were to start with but you'll have spent all that money for someone to tell you so!

Slabbed coins aren't "all that" UNless it's a very high grade and or "rare" piece, and or if you want to find out if a coin (key date) is "actually" real or not..

Other than that, they're a waste of $$

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Like the others said, if your coins are not either high grade (MS 60 or higher, i.e. uncirculated) or very rare it would not be worth it to have them professionally graded. Coins that are dug out of the ground are typically not in MS 60 or higher condition.

Buckram's suggestions of books on coin grading would likely be very beneficial to you and save you quite a lot of money.

redbird

Jul 29, 2005
if the coins are circulated a better idea may be to buy a book called photo grade, easy to use, and easier on the wallet. but i agree with the above posts unless the coins are possibly very rare, or expensive, certifying them is a waste of money,

i'd certify a 1916 D 10c in AG but a 1935 walker half in EF is a waste of time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread