1925 dollar coin found

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15801582455963204261252222998461.jpg

I found it at a thrift store. I bought it for $26. It's going in my coin collection!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have over paid before and under paid for coins. Thats a nice addition to your collection. You should get a coin book they are really cool to have for prices coins to look for errors ect. It would depend on the grade that coin is in to determine the value. Tommy

SweetRinger

Apr 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know if you like it buy it. I am a coin collector and have overpaid a few times but I just had to have it! Very glad you are excited about your coin. Collecting can become addictive [emoji4]

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it happens. Sometimes they are overpriced, sometimes they're underpriced. I actually didn't know there were cheaper ones on eBay! Oh well! At least I learn something.

And at least I have an addition to my collection.

Jared

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well, it happens. Sometimes they are overpriced, sometimes they're underpriced. I actually didn't know there were cheaper ones on eBay! Oh well! At least I learn something.

Jared

Congrats on the addition. And remember, education isn't free - some lessons cost more than others. Be grateful that this one didn't cost you too much. If you are building your collection look at my auctions (go to the classifieds section and find my posts - Select any link and View Seller's Other Items). I add 3 listings/week of groups of three silver dollars. They all sell below $50 for the 3 coins (less than $17/coin).

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jared

There are a lot of Chinese fakes on Ebay. I only buy my coins local. All that matters is that you are happy with it.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Chinese fakes can be found local, too. If they are showing up in PCGS holders, please post pics!
I posted to help him in the future and let him and everyone else know that with the internet at our fingertips there is no reason to pay too much when the info is clearly out there and easy to get to.
HH ALL

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin and IF you did pay a little high, the money from most of the thrift stores go to help others so I wouldn't feel bad about it. You just might have put a coat on some child's back.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I have overpayed for coins before and I don't remember which or how much, I am happy to have the coins. The only regrets I have are coins I wish I had bought and didn't.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one looks like one of the fakes to me. How is the weight? As said above it is always best to be educated on what you buy. If it is good, great! You did over pay but that in itself is a lesson. Fingers crossed for you. That coin book will have the weight that this coin should be. Check it and see if the weight is off.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one looks like one of the fakes to me. How is the weight? As said above it is always best to be educated on what you buy. If it is good, great! You did over pay but that in itself is a lesson. Fingers crossed for you. That coin book will have the weight that this coin should be. Check it and see if the weight is off. That said, check the back near the tail feathers. If you see a small S for San Francisco Mint you did OK if it is the real deal They are much more rare than the no mint mark Philly dollar

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one looks like one of the fakes to me. How is the weight? As said above it is always best to be educated on what you buy. If it is good, great! You did over pay but that in itself is a lesson. Fingers crossed for you. That coin book will have the weight that this coin should be. Check it and see if the weight is off. That said, check the back near the tail feathers. If you see a small S for San Francisco Mint you did OK if it is the real deal They are much more rare than the no mint mark Philly dollar

funny you should mention that. I just showed it to A guy who knows his coins very well. He actually help me out with what I thought was a misprint. He had the red book and everything.

It's a legit coin according to him.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know if you like it buy it. I am a coin collector and have overpaid a few times but I just had to have it! Very glad you are excited about your coin. Collecting can become addictive [emoji4]

Yes it can , esp high grade type coins & Early Barber Coins in F or better.

FWIW I carry my 'Blue Book ' into my coin store . As I WANT DEALER PRICES!!!

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy you made your point , don't rub it in .

Now the OP knows , maybe op don;t have a cc , paypal , bank account.

Let the op be happy with his/her find.

Before I say this, please keep in mind I am not mad or upset. I'm just stating what I believe.

I am happy with my find, just so you all know. Real or not, it's a good find to me. Here is why.

I used to have one of these, I got it from a dear friend of mine when I was 8. That friend is now passed away, by the way.

I lost it several years ago, unfortunately. I was sad.

When I saw it in the store, I got it to remember that friend.

So, real or not, (It's real according to a coin expert,) this is a treasure to me because it reminds me of my dear friend.

Sometimes an object is a treasure based on how you look at it.

That's all.

Jared

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread