Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This coin appears to be a 'solidi' from the mint at Constantinople (VICTORIA AVGGB, the 'B' being the 'officina' letter).
If that coin turns out to be attributed by Sears as #474 (Byzantine Coins and their Values), he valued the coin at $1,500VF.
Of course, the condition of each of your coins will be significant in evaluating each piece.
Don........

OP
OP
H

HADJ

Jan 22, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much

This coin appears to be a 'solidi' from the mint at Constantinople (VICTORIA AVGGB, the 'B' being the 'officina' letter).
If that coin turns out to be attributed by Sears as #474 (Byzantine Coins and their Values), he valued the coin at $1,500VF.
Of course, the condition of each of your coins will be significant in evaluating each piece.
Don........

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hadj,
Let me quickly add: During the 6th and 7th centuries "lightweight" solidi of 20, 22 or 23 siliquae (one siliqua was 1/24 of a solidus) were struck along with the standard weight issues, presumably for trade purposes or to pay tribute. Many of these lightweight coins have been found in Europe, Russia and Georgia. If you coin is a 'lightweight', the value is significantly less. Also, you have posted only one side of a coin. If you post the other side of the coin, that image may also affect the value of the coin.
Are you sure that each of your 1000 pieces is identical as to legend and condition, if so, I would be more than a little skeptical.
Please post a picture of the other side of the coin first posted above.
Don...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread