coinstar machines

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
So I'm pretty new to roll hunting and collecting coins in general. I've been reading some of the older topics and was wondering what the deal is with coinstar machines and the reject bin. I've never used one of these machines and was wondering how you would get the reject coins from the machine.

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you run your coins through, it spits out any it doesn't like into a coin return tray. This can include dirty coins, silver, bent coins, steel cents, foreign coins, random garbage, or coins that it doesn't like for no particular reason. A lot of people don't bother getting the rejects from the tray when they run their coins, so you can just check the machine now and then to get free stuff.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all coin counters count by size and weight. Anything (usually) that doesn't match current coin config will get rejected. But obviously not all do or there wouldn't be much in boxes. Some machines reject in the open slot. other machines have catch tray's inside. I have filled bags and when tellers open up the machine i see these secret hidden reject tray's, and they had all kinds of cool foreign coins and other stuff. Seems it just depends on the machine :thumbsup:

OP
OP
brucebob

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Sweet, thanks guys! I love this website, glad I stumbled upon it. I'll have to check out some of these machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread