Coinstar finds

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I have a coinstar machine not 5 minutes from my house, and I always forget to check it. Thanks for reminding me!! I found a canadian dime in it recently, but that's it.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Woohoo! I forgot to post until today, but Monday when I stopped by my branch where I have been having some recent good luck, I went to the grocery store next door...and as I always do I looked down into the return slot, and I saw a bunch of coins! Nobody around so I grabbed them.

All clad, unfortunately, but what the heck! That was 56 cents I did not have before.
:D

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
generik said:
how do you get coin out of the coinstar? ???

2 ways:

pick ax and dynamite :o

or

look in the reject tray. It is about knee high on the front of the machine. Coinstar does not like silver and foreign coins and spits them back. Many people do not look in the tray

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
minelab rick said:
Since reading posts about coinstar I have been checking the local machines. I have not found the first coin yet. But I'm still checking

Rick

You can't win, if you don't play

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
look in the reject tray. It is about knee high on the front of the machine. Coinstar does not like silver and foreign coins and spits them back. Many people do not look in the tray

hmmm....if coinstar machines always reject silver, would the quickest way to sort dimes/quarters be to get bags (not rolls) from a bank and just run them back through a coinstar machine? Assuming of course that you don't get charged to use it.

Be a much quicker way to pick out the silver ones as you have to cash them in anyway. Another bonus is it would keep your hands from getting dirty.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Was low on bread, so went out to the local Kroger/King Sooper/Food Lion. Found two 2-euro coins. Not much, but better than nothing. As I was leaving, two guys were dumping their coffee cans of coins into the Coinstar machine. Seeing loose change drives me crazy now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread