KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks SD51,
I just bought it off Ebay, and was a little concerned as I had read previously about Warranted for 20 years etc.. was only gold plate. But after spending some time researching I feel a lot more comfortable now. And it was listed as solid 14k gold

As I don't have it yet this is the best picture of the case marks.
ffff.jpg

OP
OP
KangaWoo

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to add one more bit of information...

You can search a database of the pocket watch serial numbers too. Use https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/serialnumber/waltham.

Looks like a nice watch!

Thank you, I was looking for that page.

It's only a small ladies seaside watch, but is in great condition and I paid a (what I feel) was a good price. I love the case. and the dial is good, no hairlines.

www.jpg
Any help with what some of that means?

s-l1s600.jpg s-l16d00.jpg s-l160d0.jpg

OP
OP
KangaWoo

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of gold fobs, that will go great with this watch. Also trying desperately to raise enough funds for a gold tbar watch chain, and this will be a sweet little piece.

I live in a small town, but we have a really well known watch repair guy, I was speaking to him about another Waltham I have , he told me he loved working with Walthams and his going rate for full service and tidy up is around $250. I paid $670 for the watch.
The watch is apparently working, but the watch guy said not to run them without a service and oil.

Does this price (for watch & service) sound okay? Remember this is in Aus dollars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread