Horror story from Ga.

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
I recently purchased my great grandparents old farm and the house is loaded with stuff that i remember from 30-35 years ago. I was going through the kitchen stuff and found a Luzzianne coffee can from the 1920's, I thought how cool it was to have the old coffee can that my great grandma used. The cans used to come with Sunflower design coffe cups and saucers in them as a promo item and the cup was still in the can as well as some coffee. I took the whole thing home with me and placed it in a spot of hinir on my kitchen cabinets where i display alot of tins and other items. About two weeks later i was placing another item up the when i noticed a spider web running from the cup to the ceiling.I thought this can not do.i took the rag i had in my hand and ever so expertly swung at the spider web........guess where the cup landed......yep, 10 feet down on the ceramic tile floor. I was and still am sick about it......not only is it very hard to find that particular design cup, but it can ever really be replaced......Ohh well, lifes lessons come hard sometimes..........Williefire

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread