I can see Getting rid of the Plumbers Trench ...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should only be a Moon over Miami :wink:

But piercings anywhere except the ears. ?

not sure of the reason for that.

Fla. city to workers: Wear underwear,
But don't let them Peak out & deodorant

BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida city is cleaning up with a new dress code that requires city workers to wear underwear and use deodorant. The city council in Brooksville north of Tampa recently approved a dress code that instructs employees to observe "strict personal hygiene."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...IRED?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Jeff, I think I'm in agreement with you regarding the piercing issue. I don't believe this could be legally upheld for a government body to regulate, given that (just for one example) it is widely practiced to either have nasal or nostril piercing in many cultures, including Native Americans here in the U.S.
Personally, my only piercings have been accidental and temporary (nail through a finger type thing).
For a private sector job, sure, employers have varying flexibility from state to state, but not for government jobs.
I'll bet this meets substantial resistance soon.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHbenz said:
Jeff, I think I'm in agreement with you regarding the piercing issue. I don't believe this could be legally upheld for a government body to regulate, given that (just for one example) it is widely practiced to either have nasal or nostril piercing in many cultures, including Native Americans here in the U.S.
Personally, my only piercings have been accidental and temporary (nail through a finger type thing).
For a private sector job, sure, employers have varying flexibility from state to state, but not for government jobs.
I'll bet this meets substantial resistance soon.

no piercings on me either, but anything short
of full facial piercings
!elaine.jpg

is ok by me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread