what would Happen if you Sold a home that wasnt There ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what would Happen if you Sold a home that wasn't There ?

W. Pa. man buys home at tax sale, finds it razed

CANONSBURG, Pa. (AP) -- A southwestern Pennsylvania man received a Christmas Eve lesson in the old adage, "Let the buyer beware." Billy Joe Sanders, of Pittsburgh, said he bought a home in Canonsburg during a Washington County tax sale in August. When he went to check on the property on Christmas Eve, he learned that it had been torn down by the county's redevelopment authority - and has since learned his $5,500 won't be refunded.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...AZED?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

S

stefen

Re: what would Happen if you Sold a home that wasn't There ?

You will find that governmental agencies expouse 'Policies' which is a scare tactic (windbag) made up to provide a protective shell around thier actions...

Policies are not codes or ordinances, but simply a statement that says I'm bigger than you are and if you don't like it, then you can fight me...I have a bigger legal base support that you little guys...

Guess what?...policies only hold water until they are legally penetrated...

Oops and gee-whiz statements of innocense on behalf of an agency do not provide them with legal protection.

Since the dollar limit is under $7500, I'd fight this through a Small Claims court.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: what would Happen if you Sold a home that wasn't There ?

not only would I sue for my loss, I would also sue for value of property according to county tax assessment

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions