One smart, old rooster

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Theres a farmer who has a bunch of hens & one old rooster, the egg count had dropped dramaticaly so he figured it was time for a new, younger rooster. He went into town & bought the biggest, healthiest one he could find, brought him back & turned him loose. The young stud walked around a bit, checked out all the hens then walked up to the ol' timer & told him "Hit the road old man......all these hens are mine now." The old rooster said "Listen kid, how bout we split em.......you take half & I get half." "Not a chance gramps, they are all mine! Hit the road!" So the old rooster thought a minute & came up with a proposal. "I'll race you around the barnyard, winner takes em all. If I loose I will walk away forever." The youngster thought about it, theres no way this old man could possibly beat him, so he takes the bet. As they are about to start the old rooster tells him "Please give me a head start so all the hens will think it was a close race & Im not embarassed too badly........." The youngster agrees. They take off running past the farmhouse, the young rooster is fast as hell & gaining ground. They round the 1st corner & run past the grain silos........the youngster is getting closer. They round the 2nd corner & run past the tractors & combine, the young rooster has almost caught up! As they come around the 3rd corner & run past the farmer the old timer starts flapping his wings & squaking as he runs by.........the farmer turns around & smacks the youngster with his shovel, killing him! "Damnit, thats the 3rd queer rooster I've gotten this week!!!" :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread