One of Pops old pranks

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
My Pop was a pro, funniest ol' guy I ever knew. I saw him pull this old standard many times on people he had just met................

He would tell them that he was so very sad, that he was in his garage cleaning his workbench & he knocked over a can white gas, the stuff you use in a coleman lantern. A bunch of it dumped all over his bench & he grabbed a bowl to catch what was running over the edge. He explains that the bowl was full so he set it on the floor & grabbed a gatorade bottle to catch the rest of the gas when he see's his beautiful cocker spaniel drinking the gas in the bowl! OMG! He dropped the gatorade bottle as his dog began to shake & convulse violently, his eyes rolling & twitching..........all of a sudden the dog bolted & ran around the garage at lightning speed in circles, around & around suddenly stopping then looking up at my father with sad eyes, then falling over on his side, motionless. As I said, Pop was a pro & by now had the poor sap completely into the story, he waited for the inevitable question........."Did he die??"
His reply, "No. He just ran out of gas!" :icon_thumleft:

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
S

stefen

Why boy...I herd thatun when I wasa kickin the slats outa my cradel :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread