CATTLE GUARDS (I dont know if this is true but it IS funny!)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
CATTLE GUARDS (I don't know if this is true but it IS funny!)

Those of us who live in ranching country have a pretty good idea of what total idiots are...................

Joe Biden asks for 6 months of retraining for 'Cattle Guards'!

CATTLE GUARDS, THIS IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS THEM WANTING TO CHANGE THE LAW OF PHYSICS!

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any “cattle” guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining for Arizona border guards. 'Times are hard', said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families!'

And these two guys are running our country,!

Passed on to you without further comment...Now you do the same.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: CATTLE GUARDS (I don't know if this is true but it IS funny!)

you can not fix the stupid gene -- but I wish you could "fix" stupid people , like you fix your pets.

how dumb can you get and still walk upright?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

ivan salis said:
you can not fix the stupid gene -- but I wish you could "fix" stupid people , like you fix your pets.

how dumb can you get and still walk upright?
Look at what's running the country and who voted them in to answer that question . :laughing7:

S

stefen

Politicians have what is known as 'Reverse Diarrhea' and the symptoms are 'Running off of the mouth' :laughing7:

daroofa

Apr 8, 2010
Breckentucky MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Joe Biden says enough stupid things without making stuff up. The other day he said was "2nd in line for the Presidency." :laughing9:

This particular email/story has been around at least since the Clinton era, only then it was Congresswoman Pat Schroeder who didn't know what a cattle guard was. I'm guessing the only reason a Bush version was never circulated was because he was from Texas and knows what one is.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

ok not to support those two but I didn't know what cattle gaurds were either but before taking action like they did i would have found out first.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was born and raised in Mississippi and I know what the heck a cattle guard is. That must mean I am qualified to be PRESIDENT.

S

stefen

Shortstack said:
I was born and raised in Mississippi and I know what the heck a cattle guard is. That must mean I am qualified to be PRESIDENT.
:thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack said:

I sure know what they are too, I even have one on the property. I'm over qualified?
MG_118.gif

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

I saw this one a little over a year ago, also. Not long after Karen and I got married we took a trip out to Montana and
down into Colorado and back and we saw a few of those cattle guards. The first one we saw, we didn't know just what
it was, then we figured it out. LOL. We then knew what they were for but still didn't know just what they were called
until the next time I was in a gas station and I mentioned them and he told me what they were called.

I thought it was a pretty slick item.

Ray

S

stefen

Don't need gates with a cattle guard, however, a horse will not cross one either...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stefan, we need a gate with our cattle guard, they'll just walk right on into the yard. Most of the time they jump it. So the gate stays shut. Back in the younger days I had a horse who would walk the cattle guard with me riding.

:wink: RR

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

I've taught many saddle and draft horses to cross cattle guards . Takes a lot of patience and practice .
Jim

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax

The real reason for a cattle guard , is so you won't haft to get out and open the gate ,,, now wonder if those two idiots know that,,,,,,,,, :) :headbang: :laughing7: :hello:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

this joke has been around since the 50's

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texastee2007 said:
OH LORD protect us please.. would love to see their collective faces if we could just email them a picture of one.
Nawwww...... It would take too much time to compose a separate document detailing what the picture was.

Reed88, I wonder if we left the gate to Washington open, Oledrama & his cohorts would wander off down the road?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread