Watch 1,000 daringly stupid people eat 1,000 ghost peppers

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I can relate to this. I LOVE hot peppers, gobble them up. The guys at work came up one morning and offered me a pepper, and I chomped it right down - it was a ghost pepper :(

Oh Lord, was that a pure and complete shock....

Watch 1,000 daringly stupid people eat 1,000 ghost peppers for fun in Copenhagen | GlobalPost

Timothy McGrathJune 11, 2014 12:26

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Last week in Copenhagen, 1,000 people gathered in a public square to participate in a collective act that some might call idiotic and others brave. Together, bound in solidarity, they each ate one ghost chili pepper — one of the spiciest chili peppers on Earth.

Also called the "bhut jolokia," the ghost pepper grows in the Indian states of Assam and Nagland and, from 2007 till it was dethroned in 2012 by the Trinidad moruga scorpion, it was certified as the hottest pepper in the world by Guinness World Records. It measures over 1 million Scoville heat units. For comparison, classic Tabasco sauces measures between 2,500 and 5,000 SHUs.

So the ghost pepper is more than 400 times spicier than whatever hot sauce you're putting on your eggs in the morning. It's so insanely hot. So hot that India's Defence Research and Development Organisation has been working into the form of a hand grenade that will function like a tear gas cannister.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looked very sanitary it did.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOT!!
I too like hot peppers, but the ghost pepper....I'll take the zero!
A good friend of mine is from Mexico. He has shown me how they do it. Habanero salsa...burns comin' in...burns goin' out:laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I are beekeepers, (small scale), and we tried to pulled a stunt, that I highly recommend. We made a batch of "honey-ghost" Take a ghost pepper, put it in the (12 oz.) jar of honey, let stand for a month. The honey will take on the properties of the pepper, and will kick your butt, it even turns the honey red! We have friends that we thought would pay us for their own batch, but backed out after sampling it....wusses!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My wife and I are beekeepers, (small scale), and we tried to pulled a stunt, that I highly recommend. We made a batch of "honey-ghost" Take a ghost pepper, put it in the (12 oz.) jar of honey, let stand for a month. The honey will take on the properties of the pepper, and will kick your butt, it even turns the honey red! We have friends that we thought would pay us for their own batch, but backed out after sampling it....wusses!

I have a side business designing labels for local beekeepers. I'll have to think about this one for a bit ... sounds hot!

S

stefen

Now y'all know why God invented ice cream...a cooling agent after taking a chili pepper dump...:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread