How to make things happen ?

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am sitting in a conference room by myself, preparing for a meeting when I here a mild argument outside the door.

A few months back I posted a story detailing how an employee ("Doug") from the front would answer the questions spoken loudly by another employee when he was on the phone. Apparently this same employee was being moved to another section due to the entire department being moved to another area.

The object of the argument is Doug is being moved into the cubicle of an engineer named "Carl" who left the company.

Picture this, the IT guy is moving Dougs PC into the new cubicle while Doug is protesting to his manager that his phone number has not been moved over and he is answering calls for the engineer who has LEFT the company.

IT guy: We are very busy and can't move your phone number until next week! (walks off).

Doug: I MUST have my phone number! The contacts I use have my old phone number and I will miss calls plus I keep getting phone calls from vendors asking for Carl!

Manager: Just bear with the situation.

At that moment the phone rings, Doug picks up the phone and says (I am crying here)

Hello?
No I'm sorry Carl left the company and had that operation he had been wanting, he would like to be called Carla now, would you like her new phone number?
OK bye!

I dropped the marker I was holding in the conference room and turned around and saw Dougs manager standing there bug-eyed while looking at Doug who was sitting calmly in his chair arranging his books.

Manager: You...you...what did you do!?!?!?

Doug: What?

Manager: You can't say things like that! What if it came back Carls old company was telling people that?

Doug: What are you talking about? Are you feeling ok?

Manager: YOU JUST SAID CARL HAD A SEX-CHANGE OPERATION!?!?

Doug: What? No I didn't!

Manager: YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!

At that moment, the phone rang again.

Hello?
No I'm sorry Carl ran screaming out of the building two weeks ago and we haven't seen him since. May I take a message? Ok Bye!

At this point I had to sit down I was laughing so hard. "Doug" kept working away calmly while the manager stood there with an open mouth.

Manager: YOU DID IT AGAIN!

Doug: What?

Manager: YOU CAN'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT!!!

Doug: What in the world are you talking about? Are you feeling ok?

Manager: I see your game now! You..

At this point, as if there is a cosmic joker somewhere, the phone rang again and the manager LEAPED into the cubicle and grabbed the phone.

Manager: GIVE ME THAT!!! HELLO!...HELLO! Oh..they hung up.

The manager then hung up the phone and made a phone call.

Manager: Switch Dougs old number to this phone NOW! I don't care! Switch it NOW and I will talk to your boss!

At that point the manager left shaking his head while muttering something about lawsuits and insanity.

I looked at Doug who kept working, he then looked at me and winked, pulled a cell phone out from somewhere and put it on the desk.

I think I found a new hero.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks! Gonna have to try that for the benefit of my long time coworkers.

The former owner of our company, and a very dear friend, passed away in 2011. Almost every day I get calls from sales people who haven't done their "due diligence" before making cold calls. I've given them the phone number of a local mortuary as his "cell phone", pretended to cry and tell them about how they brought back to mind the horrible incident in our store (he actually passed quietly in his sleep), I've asked how they got this number then begin asking lots of questions like a cop (love Roy Mercer's cop bit on that telemarketer), and on occasion let loose with insults related to their inability to properly do their research before calling.

Don was the kind of person who had pulled many of his own phone pranks on telemarketers in my presence ... "No, you don't understand! We don't want to borrow money. We have too much money! How much do you need?" Poor little Chinese girl was so confused she hung up without signing us up for a Chinese business loan.

OP
OP
FCCDFEd

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Gonna have to try that for the benefit of my long time coworkers.

The former owner of our company, and a very dear friend, passed away in 2011. Almost every day I get calls from sales people who haven't done their "due diligence" before making cold calls. I've given them the phone number of a local mortuary as his "cell phone", pretended to cry and tell them about how they brought back to mind the horrible incident in our store (he actually passed quietly in his sleep), I've asked how they got this number then begin asking lots of questions like a cop (love Roy Mercer's cop bit on that telemarketer), and on occasion let loose with insults related to their inability to properly do their research before calling.

Don was the kind of person who had pulled many of his own phone pranks on telemarketers in my presence ... "No, you don't understand! We don't want to borrow money. We have too much money! How much do you need?" Poor little Chinese girl was so confused she hung up without signing us up for a Chinese business loan.

Thanks, I also like Roy Mercer ( have several of his disc)

S

stefen

Thanks...now who do I send the bill to for dry cleaning my yellow shoe laces...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks...now who do I send the bill to for dry cleaning my yellow shoe laces...

Isn't Brett Farvre the spokesman for Depends?

If you're not old enough for them, maybe you should see your urologist.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Telemarketer? Maybe Tom Mabe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread