Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'd award this guy one red cent

New York man says fortuneteller scammed him out $700K

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York man who sought help from a fortuneteller to fix a romantic relationship says she scammed him out of more than $700,000.

She told him that evil spirits were keeping him from a woman he claimed to love and wanted to be with who did not share his same affections.

she also told him spirits talked to her, so he made multiple payments to her over 20 months.

those payments included $80,000 for an 80-mile bridge she said would trap evil spirits into another realm, a $30,000 Rolex she claimed would cleanse the sins of his past and $40,064 for a Tiffany diamond ring to "protect his energy," along with other payments totaling as much as $40,000.

after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars he found out in February 2014 that the woman had died.

the Psychic said she could be reincarnated.

so More payments and a trip to seek out the "new" Michelle followed before the man said he decided to go to police. By then, he said he was out $713,975. :laughing7:

I think I'd make him go to a Psychiatrist instead

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/06/n...ow-his-fortune-is-gone.html?ref=nyregion&_r=1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread