Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
think of the money I could have made off all them E's & incompletes :thumbsup:
I had a Disability because My books were locked in my Locker at School,
I forgot the combination & I could only make it to school 3 days a week :laughing7:

image.jpg
Stroudsburg nursing student Jennifer Burbella’s litigation against Misericordia University ranks No. 4 in the country on the list of the year’s most ridiculous lawsuits compiled by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for Legal Reform.

What’s more ridiculous than a nursing student suing Misericordia University because she failed? Twice !

Not a whole lot, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for Legal Reform.

The case of the Stroudsburg nursing student suing the Dallas-based university for failing to accommodate her anxiety or depression – purportedly leading her to twice fail a required course – has ranked No. 4 in the country in the institute’s ranking of the year’s most ridiculous lawsuits.

The cases ahead of it each garnered national attention – including the case of a New York woman suing her 8-year-old nephew for a “careless” hug that broke her wrist,

an armed bank robber in Washington who sued Snohomish County after being shot by a sheriff’s deputy as he fled the scene of the crime.

and Topping the list is a lawsuit People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals filed on behalf of a crested black macaque alleging the monkey owns the copyright to selfies it took with a photographer’s camera. :BangHead: so who gets to bank the money ? Peta ?

http://citizensvoice.com/news/nursing-student-s-suit-lands-on-list-of-ridiculous-lawsuits-1.1986563

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Charlotte, North Carolina man, having purchased a case of rare, very expensive cigars, insured them against (get this) fire! Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of fabulous cigars, and having yet to make a single premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance company.

In his claim, the man stated that he had lost the cigars "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason that the man had consumed the cigars in a normal fashion. The man sued -- and won! In delivering his ruling, the judge stated that since the man held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that the cigars would be insured against fire, without defining what it considered to be unacceptable fire, it was obligated to compensate the insured for his loss.

Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company grudgingly accepted the judge's ruling and paid the man $15,000 for the rare cigars he lost in the fires. After the man cashed his check, however, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of arson. With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used as evidence against him, the man was convicted of intentionally burning the rare cigars and sentenced to 24 consecutive one-year terms.

This has been rumored to have originated from a joke.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good One :thumbsup:

arson was the First thing I thought of as retaliation though :laughing7:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of suing my barber for cutting my hair too short. What do ya think, do I have a chance? I just love stories of stupid people. And they are many

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of suing the weatherman... he is hardly ever right. :P

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that I'd go along with :thumbsup:

the persons who pay the weather people should sue them

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Then they spend hundreds of thousand, or millions , of dollars on hi-tech equipment they can't even interpret. Our news/weather station boasts of being able to tell us what the weather is on our block. All you have to do is look outside your window. Its gotten so ridiculous. My dad and his dad use to swear by the Farmer's Almanac" and it was broad, but contained as much accuracy as the new tech equip.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then they spend hundreds of thousand, or millions , of dollars on hi-tech equipment they can't even interpret. Our news/weather station boasts of being able to tell us what the weather is on our block. All you have to do is look outside your window. Its gotten so ridiculous. My dad and his dad use to swear by the Farmer's Almanac" and it was broad, but contained as much accuracy as the new tech equip.

They can't even get the weather for My block as it's Happening.
here where I live the Fog has been thick for over a week now.
They keep talking about the nice sunny Days in the upper 60's we had through December :icon_scratch:

I seem to remember a Half dozen at best.
the rest have been low 50's and rain or Fog, or both.

Even our Local Newspaper can't get the weather right by Prognosticating
for three weeks.

today's weather recap says
" So far there hasn’t been any recorded snowfall in Schuylkill County in the tail end of 2015, and there’s still no snow in sight, Martin said. "

so what's This from the beginning of December ?
My cameras imagination ?

DSCF000.JPG

though the local weather will never acknowledge it happened ,
I expect to see at least the same amount here by noon tomorrow.
and that's because they are saying there may be a little sleet in the air that should melt on contact.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a little hard on the weather peeps here...
They are generally right.
There is one guy though... he needs to go back to weather guy school.

But... generally they are "close" most of the time.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing worse than making or canceling plans due to the advice of the weather person only to later see that their "prediction" was the complete opposite.

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Years back there was a story "floating" (pun) around.

Three men going fishing in a boat.
They had checked with the weather service prior to leaving.
Nothing in the forecast for bad weather.
In those days, it was either watch the news or call on the phone.
Short story long, storm blew in, swamped the boat and all three drowned.
Wives sued weather service for undisclosed amount.

This was back before internet sooooo...

???

AJones

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like their weather forecasts when they show a sun, cloud, and rain icon for the same day. That should cover most days............

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this. We had a weatherman in Denver that was so bad he was wrong 99% of the time! I just started dressing for the opposite weather he was predicting! Worked beautifully! People started asking me how I did it. My reply, "Do the opposite of what he says".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this. We had a weatherman in Denver that was so bad he was wrong 99% of the time! I just started dressing for the opposite weather he was predicting! Worked beautifully! People started asking me how I did it. My reply, "Do the opposite of what he says".

Hey... forgot about this ole thread...

I can see it now... the day I do that... he will actually be right. heh

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey... forgot about this ole thread...

I can see it now... the day I do that... he will actually be right. heh
You & me both! At least my friend Murphy wasn't tagging along. Around here they have all these models on computers, databases etc etc. and still mess up 75% of the time. Heck I've got no formal training and I can do as good walking outside opening my eyes look at the clouds, feel the wind, and how hot it is. Gotta make you wonder what the ancients did without all the technology?:tongue3::laughing7: Picture the ole weather rock. If the rock is dry = good weather, if the rock is wet = rain, if the rock is white = snow, If the rock burns your hand time to go inside & get a cold one!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread