HO HO HO or HA HA HA ?

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
When I (someday) get my book of Christmas stories finished and published, I pledge that:
* Santa will be saying "Ho ho ho!" and "Merry Christmas!".
* Santa will be depicted smoking a pipe, he'll be fat, and he'll even drink too (if I include that story. ;D) Oh, and he's not above a little bit of gambling either.
* Christmas trees will be called Christmas trees.
* Santa's sleigh will be pulled by real live reindeer (but not by any whose nose glows. Sorry! That gig is owned by somebody else.)
* Elves will be given the respect they deserve.
* There will be magic.
* And more....

You see, I have the one thing that those self-centered attention whore social engineering commissars don't have for other people or ideas.
It's called toleration.
I expect a battle.
Bring it on, biotches.... :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
telling a blind person " I will be seeing you later "--- is normal goodby that you would tell someone you know that has sight (and since most blind folks say they want to be treated as "normally" as possible, it would be the "normal" thing to say )--- as most likely you will see him later if you know him in some way -- however a blind person will not be seeing you later ever --- so saying "you'll be seeing me later" might not be the right way to state what you mean --- for the easy to understand reason that he will not be seeing anything or one later, thus it might be thought of as tactless or rude to say it that way. --- so saying "I will be see you later" would be correct. -- if the fact that you can see and he can not "offends" him -- sorry but the facts are the facts , and what you said is in fact correct though maybe not the most tactful way to say it .

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MiniMe said:
Please don't tell me that we can't call it a Christmas Tree now....

This was on the news the same time as Ho Ho Ho

Lowes Catalogs listed them as Family trees.

When confronted they Claimed it was a Typo & Immediatly changed it :D

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, that's pretty crazy.
Oh...

Ron and Ann said:
I heard that story on Fox News this morning...this is getting so *$(% ridiculous....

I will continue to HO HO HO...and in my house....it's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holidays! And if I choose to place a manger scene or a cross on my front lawn....I shall do so! It's my religious beliefs and if you are offended by that....don't drive down my street....!!!!

I am tired of a few who get offended by the slightest comment, sound, picture, etc....and everyone has to change for that one person (or few people)....

I have been offended by a few things in life, but it has not affected my life that I DEMANDED others change theirs to fit mine!!!! Get over it!! GEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Heck, I survived 20 years in the MAN'S NAVY!!!!!!!!! That's an achievement if you ask me! LOL ;)

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Very well said.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
When I walk into a hardware store, I usually just ask 'em for a board stretcher and two gallons of plaid paint.

About a year and a half I went into the new Lowes store that they had just built. I went to the tool department just to see what they had when this kid that couldn't have been more than 19 asked if I needed any help finding anything.

I asked him if they carried dado inserts for bandsaws. He must have looked for about 20 minutes before finding me again to say that they didn't have them right now because the store was new, but he assured me that they could order them.

Ho Ho Ho

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
This PC stuff is bloody ridiculous. Who are the morons that come up with these things?? And who is paying them to do it??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread