Ask The Blonde!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Two tourists were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town.

They argued back and forth until they finally stopped for lunch.

As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the blonde employee, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are... very slowly?"

The blonde girl leaned over the counter and said, "Burrrrrrrr, gerrrrrrr, Kiiiiing."

S

stefen

;D

Attachments

• Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 313
  • Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 316

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the joke, but who can actually pronounce that name? Nobody from Louisiana, and don't cheat! Just spell it phonetically.

I will tell you when you get it!

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope. next! ;D ;D ;D

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nack a dish

Not bad for a kansan

I think I've been to that burger king...the folks there weren't very friendly

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob in KS said:
Nack a dish

Not bad for a kansan

I think I've been to that burger king...the folks there weren't very friendly

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING! TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON, JOHNNY! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NAK-a-dish

BHest-Mike

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure its like a very long drawn out game of telephone. If the spelling has remained constant over the years then I'm sure the pronunciation has probably changed. There are lots of towns in th US pronounced nothing like they are spelled. It's probably a case of closed door town meetings with people deciding how to pronounce the towns name just so they can ridicule out of town folk who come through town and mispronounce it.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evolution said:
I'm sure its like a very long drawn out game of telephone. If the spelling has remained constant over the years then I'm sure the pronunciation has probably changed. There are lots of towns in th US pronounced nothing like they are spelled. It's probably a case of closed door town meetings with people deciding how to pronounce the towns name just so they can ridicule out of town folk who come through town and mispronounce it.

Actually, it is an Indian Name. It is pronounced NAK-a-dish. The way the Indians said it, the Europeans destroyed it by calling it Natchitoches.

Mike

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
Evolution said:

Actually, it is an Indian Name. It is pronounced NAK-a-dish. The way the Indians said it, the Europeans destroyed it by calling it Natchitoches.

Mike
I see. That makes alot more sense.

MrMorph

Aug 16, 2007
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
When I moved to Louisiana from Canada 8 years ago, you should have heard how bad I was teased, not only for the accent but also for the pronunciation of the strange words. While that was one of the bad ones here are a couple more for you. Try these:
Ouachita
Desiard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread