Tough Love vs. Spanking

T

trish76642

Most of America 's population think it's improper to spank children,
so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'
One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.
They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.
Sincerely,
A Friend

Attachments

• ToughLove (2).jpg
    ToughLove (2).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 357

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
LOL my kids probably would have thought that was fun....they are a tad twisted and I have no clue where they get it from! :o

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Cynangyl said:
LOL my kids probably would have thought that was fun....they are a tad twisted and I have no clue where they get it from! :o
Old Dog said:
I can hear my Kids now, especially my son.

"Do it again Dad!!"

Thom
LMAO...

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Took my little girl to ride a real roller coaster for the first time, stood in line for 30 minutes trying to convince her that it was safe and would be fun. 30 minutes of pure torture for her I am sure. Finally we get on and as soon as it starts to move the screaming starts before we even get to the top of the first hill. The screaming lasts the entire 2 minutes of the ride and then when we get to the end of the ride and hit the brakes and slow down to pull up to the platform to get off, the screaming little girl next to me is amazingly quiet and looks up at me and asks "Is that it? Well that sucked, it wasn't scary at all" Here is the actual picture of us on the ride...notice the "not scared" look on her face. ;D

Attachments

• mamba (Large).jpg
    mamba (Large).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 373

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Riding on the hood of a car was our way of having fun when I was growing up in the mid fifties in St. Petersburg, Fl. We called it "RAT RACING."
The car chasing the leader had one of their friends sit on the hood with his feet on the bumper, the object was to get close enough to the lead car to slap the trunk of the car being chased as though in a game of "tag, your it."
Your "team" then swapped positions and the lead car became the chasing car. It was more than a little excitement because there was always the chance of the guy on the hood falling off while the car under him was fishtailing, or "power-drifting" as it is called now, around a curve or the car in front hitting the brakes unexpectedly. <crunch>
This was done at or near the speed indicated on the sign in your picture and it was through narrow twisting streets with sharp turns everywhere. There was also a real possibility of someone backing out of a driveway from either side or another car coming at you in the middle of the road.
Some how we lived through this dangerously dumb "sport" without anyone getting seriously hurt.
My heart is racing right now just thinking about it.

Nonsequitur

Dec 18, 2006
I have that one up on my cartoon wall, except it's captioned,
"Why uncles shouldn't babysit."

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i prefer the latter ::)