Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
This is something to think about when negative people are doing their

best to rain on your parade. So remember this story the next time

someone who knows nothing, and cares less, tries to make your life

miserable.

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip

to Rome with her husband. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser,

who responded:

' Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty.

You're crazy to go to Rome . So, how are you getting there?'

'We're taking Continental,' was the reply. 'We got a great rate!'

'Continental?' exclaimed the hairdresser. ' That's a terrible

airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and

they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?'

'We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's TiberRiver

called Teste.'

'Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna

be something special and exclusive, but it's really a

Dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small, the service

is surly,and they're overpriced.

So, whatcha' doing when you get there?'

'We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope.'

'That's rich,' laughed the hairdresser. 'You and a million other

people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it.'

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser

asked her about her trip to Rome .

'It was wonderful,' explained the woman, 'not only were we on time in

one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and

they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful,

and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and

foot.

And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling

job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too,

were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite

at no extra charge!'

'Well,' muttered the hairdresser, 'that's all well and good, but I

know you didn't get to see the Pope.'

'Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a

Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope

likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step

into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me.

Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and

shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me.'

'Oh, really! What'd he say ?'

He said: 'Where'd you get the crappy Hairdo?'

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeffro i experienced negative vibes last time i was in Idaho and Oregon. Natives up there complained about Californians moving up there and pushing up the price of homes. MY wifes brother that lives in Ontario Oregon calls Californians THOSE people. Can you explain why people up north have this attitude towards us Californians? P.S. If everything goes right we are moving up there in about 2 years :hello:

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
aa battery said:
Hi Jeffro i experienced negative vibes last time i was in Idaho and Oregon. Natives up there complained about Californians moving up there and pushing up the price of homes. MY wifes brother that lives in Ontario Oregon calls Californians THOSE people. Can you explain why people up north have this attitude towards us Californians? P.S. If everything goes right we are moving up there in about 2 years :hello:

You did a good job explaining it yourself! A lot of Oregonians can't afford to buy their own homes because the prices are being pushed up by Californians. Have been for 20 years or more.

A half million dollar run down squat tenement in LA will get you a right swanky 6 bedroom house with acreage up here.

Also, unfortunately, Californians are bringing their laws and ideas with them. Anyone who has spent twenty years in LA has no clue about the environment, yet they seem to want to "save" the woods up here as if we have been mismanaging them for the last 150 years. It's kinda funny in a sad way.

Californians (in general, mind you) want their own slice of heaven, yet insist that its the other guy who is ruining it for everybody.

Hey, c'mon up. You can't possibly be as bad as the others if you swing a detector- LOL! :wink: See, there's a psoitive side! ;D

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
TreasureTales said:
This just cracks me up to no end. You Oregonians are experiencing what native Californians have experienced for 150 years - unwanted interlopers. HAHAHAHAHA! Do you have any idea how many Oregonians have moved to California and driven our home prices DOWN? hehehehe :icon_scratch: But I still hope you'll let me VISIT whenever I want. Both of our states are beautiful, it's some of the people that make them ugly, IMHO.

This is true TT....However your unwanted interlopers don't have enough money and you folks have to support them. Ours have too much money and run the prices up so the natives can't afford it. End result is the same I suppose. Natives can't afford to live here, much like CA.

One of our governors, I think it was McCall, once publicy stated that people should come to Oregon, enjoy their stay, and then go home- in no uncertain terms, LOL! Caused quite an uproar at the time. :D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Okay my vote is TT and AA are both welcome here as long as they tell everyone back home it sucks here so the whole state doesn't move here shortly afterwards! lol I think Jeffro nailed it with his comment that he just made though....both states are suffering from others moving there.....opposite reasons but same result. Although I tease TT continuously about not wanting Californians here....she knows I love her and as she said...both states are beautiful, it is the people that can be ugly at times. :(

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
:'( and here I thought ya would be here to go on hunts with us! :wink: You are most surely welcome here my friend and would love to meet you both when you come up this way to visit! :thumbsup:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
:'( and here I thought ya would be here to go on hunts with us! :wink: You are most surely welcome here my friend and would love to meet you both when you come up this way to visit! :thumbsup:
Let me tell you a story. ::) When i was a young lad and went out with many different women and one year i had to drive to Portland to deliver caskets. The women in Oregon where nice and pretty plus down to earth. Ok Cali women are great but those farm girls in Oregon were well you know. One day sitting alone i asked God if he could find me a blond hair, blue eyed farm girl from Oregon. Two months later i met a woman here in town that met all my specifications. We dated for a while then tied the knot. All of her family is up north so its time to move and spend our later years with them. Total years together is 32 married 28 ;D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
aa battery said:
Ok Idaho it is......... ;D

AA, are you Hispanic or Mormon? That's what most residents of Idaho are these days. Something to think about. :D
TT shame on you. You forgot there are members here from Idaho. :D I am an Italiano going up there to set up shop :icon_scratch:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
That's hilarious! thanx for posting it.

saw this on a welcome billboard on my first visit to Florida - -

Keep Florida green! Bring your money.

never did sit right with me. but sure made me laugh!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My Daddy was a 'tramp miner' in the 1950's.We lived in the old town of Dillon,CO before the reservoir covered it to supply water for Denver and he worked at the Climax moly mine when it was still a deep mine.
Weekends he was a spare ranch hand and handyman in the back canyon ranches in the high country with Momma and I along.Oldtimer stories out the wazoo.
We moved back to the home farm in WV in 1956.
1990 I started driving tractor/trailer to the 'Western Lands'.Stopped often from Denver on west trying to find some semblance of my childhood.
Back home,I shared my travels with Daddy and he waxed nostalgic;wishing to go back one more time to see what he remembered.
I advised him to hold on to his memories and stay home .The Californians had ruined it for everyone with their idea of the urbanization of the Rocky Mountains.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA, NOW GO HOME!

Maybe if you made up a similar bumpersticker for Oregon you would get rich.

Many years ago Colorado people didn't like New Yorkers... A similar bumper sticker around here was...

If "You :love9: NY" then take I-70 East !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread