Jewish Airline Incident

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
On a Northwest Airways flight from Atlanta, GA., a middle-aged, well-to-do woman found herself sitting next to a man wearing a kippa ('yarmulka' in Yiddish). She called the attendant over to complain about her seating.

'What seems to be the problem, Madam?' asked the attendant.

'You've sat me next to a Jew!! I can't possibly sit next to a person like that. Find me another seat!'

'Please calm down Madam.' the attendant replied. 'The flight is very full today, but I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll go and check to see if we have any seats available in club or first class.'

The woman shot a snooty look at the snubbed Jewish man beside her (not to mention many of the surrounding passengers).

A few minutes later the attendant returned. The woman could not help but look at the people around her with a smug and self satisfied grin. The flight attendant then said, 'Madam, unfortunately, as I suspected, economy is full. I've spoken to the cabin services director, and club is also full. However, we do have one seat in first class.'

Before the lady had a chance to respond, the attendant continued. 'It is most extraordinary to make this kind of upgrade, however, and I had to get special permission from the captain. But, given the circumstances, the captain felt that it was outrageous that someone should be forced to sit next to such a person.'...

The flight attendant turned to the Jewish man sitting next to her, and said:

'So if you'd like to get your things, sir, I have your seat in first class ready for you.'

At this point, the surrounding passengers stood and gave a standing ovation while the Jewish man walked up to the front of the plane.

In response to the attendant's words and the Captain's arrangement, the lady said indignantly, 'I think that the Captain must have made some kind of mistake.'

To which the attendant replied, 'Oh, no, Ma'am. Captain Cohen never makes any mistakes.'

Nonsequitur

Dec 18, 2006
Re: Jewish?

Thanks. Now I'll be cleaning spewed cola from my screen and keyboard all night. plus the bubbles hurt my nose. :D

S

stefen

Re: Jewish?

Oy! There is a God :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 159

Top Member Reactions