• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 197

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
THE HANDLESS ORGANIST!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
TreasureTales said:
I am probably the only person in the USA who was a teenager during the heyday of the Beatles and didn't like them. Still don't. But I have always been a bit unusual....I'm a treasure hunter. ROFLMAO

TT...believe it or not.....you were not the only one...I did not like them either. And I got so sick of hearing HEY JUDE. Growing up in NYC, every other song seemed to be HEY JUDE...UGH!!!!!!!!!!! But again, I never passed out or cried or screamed like a mad woman over any group...so I guess I was a strange teen.... :icon_scratch:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
My observations on the demographics of the sixties .....

Anyone who liked more than four words per song hated the Beatles. (I like songs I can understand what is being sung, even today and I don't like cuss words in the songs either. Maybe that is why Jimmi Hendrix and Janice Joplon or much of today's music are not on my FAVORITE lists!)
Many Beatles haters liked Eric Burden and The Animals. (Not a fan of either and still don't like the Beatles)
Those who had no taste in music and liked drugs gravitated towards the Rolling Stones. (Well, I have taste in music, my flavor and I was not one of those who did drugs --- you didn't grow up with my father! --- but I liked the Stones.)
Those who could care less about music and only wanted access to stoned women joined the democratic party and became road fans of the Grateful Dead. (Well, being a woman, I strayed from those guys who wanted access to stoned women...and since I wasn't a stoned woman, I did not have anything to worry about and I don't like the Grateful Dead either...some songs are ok...actually, this does sound like my brother in law and I don't care for him! UGH!)
Those who liked american music but didn't speak the language became Abba fans. (I liked Abba)
Feel free to add your own observations or challenge mine. siegfried schlagrule (Have a marvelous day Siegried!)

So, what are your thoughts on BUBBLE GUM music? I personnally like it. And I'm a big fan of MOTOWN music! I have to admit....David Cassidy was my all time favorite...it was a teen girl thing! I guess similiar to the boys falling for Pamela Anderson! ;D ;D :icon_sunny: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Bubble gum was the music of my children with the Archies and a couple others i could think of. The Monkeys were the "missing link" from the sixties to the bubble gummers and was the first "studio group" solely created by the networks. That led to such innovations as Menudo; Boys 2 Men; Back Steet Boys; Cindi Lauper (daughter of wrestler Captain Lou Albano) and a few others my daughter liked. I caught hell the night I had beakfast with Poison and didn't get her an autograph so when I had Stone Temple Pilots in my cab for an afternoon I made sure to get all their autographs and a guitar pick for her. I also got an auto picture of Quentin Marsalis but she didn't like him so i gave the photo to one of my regulars. Breakfast with Rick James I knew he was some kind of celebrity because he had two huge black bodyguards who weren't able to intimidate me enough to make me move from my seat. The full hand diamond brass knuckles reading RICK JAMES told me who he was. I've since learned he had an album called SUPER FREAK. When i saw him he was in a very conservative charcoal gray suit and had very short hair so he must have performed in a wig. My only other claim to musical fame is that my guitar was loaned to a member of the New Christi Minstrels (Glen Campbell was an alumni) but the borrower got homesick and left the group while on tour and gave them my guitar. May still be there. Only a cheap Sears Spanish Acoustic. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread