Mildred, the church gossip gets hers.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Mildred, the church gossip, and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose
into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extra curricular activities, but
feared her enough to maintain their silence. She made a mistake, however, when she accused George, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one
afternoon. She emphatically told George (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know just what he was doing.

George, a man of few words, stared at her a moment and just turned and walked away. He did not explain,
defend, or deny..... He said nothing. Later that evening, George quietly parked his pickup in front
of Mildred's house....walked home...and left it there all night!!!!

You gotta love George..

S

stefen

I'm sure that this is more than just humor...more likely a real human event :thumbsup:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
I'm sure that this is more than just humor...more likely a real human event :thumbsup:
me thinks your right

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
You know for sure that your country neighbors don't like you when you discover a couple of sheep and a pair of '4 buckles' in your front yard just after everyone in the community drove by on their way to work or school.

S

stefen

The world is full of Mildreds...(Mildred the militants)...

A friend of mine purchased a mini-farm in a rural community with a Homeowners Association...the community was a designated area for raising farm animals but with a limited capacity of each species.

Unfortunately, therein lived an old biddy that walked about daily, clipboard in-hand, making notes of what she observed, as the Association President (and self-appointed community policeperson).

My friend, of course, raised several steers and had a local knacker / butcher stop by to kill and dress-out the animals, all within the confines of the property...(all within the permitted policies of the HOA, by the way).

Several days later my friend recieved a letter from the Association President (Old Mildred herself) accompanied with a letter from the HOA's attorney, with a fine for slaughtering an animal within the confines of the community.

This same Mildred befriended many other homeowners in a similar manner placing severe fines for some infraction.

These fines, in California, are generally placed as liens against your property in the event the owner does not pay them within the demand period.

In lieu of the truck being parked in front of Mildreds house, the homeowners sued the President and the Board and won.

Mildred (the militant) sold-out and moved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions