CTX High Trash Question

Shaen9319

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I been using my CTX for about 6-7 months or so off and on. I recently been using High Trash mode everywhere I go (which is mainly school grounds, parks, fields and what not) it's been helping me a lot. I go with a friend who has an E-trac and uses high trash mode he pulls out silver rings on that mode non-stop easy... and I pull cans out and never once have I hit a ring yet. I am starting to think that his "High Trash" is different than mine and I believe mine is discriminating a little too much. Would anyone be willing to tell me there numbers in high trash mode? or show me pictures of your settings in the high trash it would help a lot. I am just running normal default high trash settings...

stupot

Jun 21, 2008
Might I suggest simply checking some of his targets, that would be the answer..

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an E-TRAC and when I'm using the High Trash setting, I also turn Recovery Fast On. I see from looking at page 40 of the CTX manual, it is recommended to also use Recovery Fast On when using the High Trash setting to give better target separation. I also use a smaller coil (8x6 Detech instead of the stock 11" coil).

Does your friend with the E-TRAC use a smaller coil and does he go slower in those high trash area?

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If possible, try using the exact same settings, disc pattern and coil size as your friend, then compare signals. The CTX shouldn't miss silver.

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
◄ Minelab CTX 3030
◄ XP Deus
◄ Minelab Equinox 800
◄ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I select the mode based on ground miniralization, i may not be an expert but here is what i do, i start with FC then if the ground miniralization numbers start dropping i swap to HT or GC i use the same discrimination pattern in both modes and a nearly wide open second pattern for each. this would allow you to compair the modes and swap between them. I would not focus too much on the Etrac setting and focus more on what the CTX displays when you compair targets between modes. I also tag each mode in the lower left to allow easy identification of what mode im in.

I also have the Coiltek 5x9 and if there is heavy trash then i swap to the smaller coil if you dont have the smaller coil option then try changing sweep angles, sweep the coil the rotate 90 degrees sweep again sometimes changing sweep anges will provide a better target signal.

FC pattern 1.JPG FC Pattern 2.JPG FC Tones.JPG GC Pattern.JPG HT Pattern.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread