Whats not to like?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought this ctx 3030, first of Dec., way late in the season by Michigan standards. Figured I would have all Winter to play with the key pad and the features it has. Well the first week was a non stop crash course on the machine and Andy's book!! I am retired so I am talking all day long for a week! Well it paid off....we have had rain instead of snow...above normal temps so the ground is not froze. I have about 25 hours in the field with it in December ....in Michigan:laughing7: Whats not to like.....great machine!!! Glad I ditched the Etrac for this.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Just price and weight is all I've heard. GL with the new machine!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just price and weight is all I've heard. GL with the new machine!

I noticed right away it was heavier than the Etrac, which I used a sling with. This is so much better balanced....no sling, hunt as long as I want. I have not used the 17 inch coil yet!! Price? Yeah, but I dont hunt anymore...dont golf....no 4 wheelers or snowmobiles....it all cost to enjoy yourself

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't belive I am able to hunt in Michigan in Jan. Been in the high 30's and 40's....no snow!!1 Got out today to the fair grounds, in the 40's wanted to play with the gps. I recorded a Geo hunt....entered a Way point at the carnival grounds I hunt all the time and then 13 Find points from my hunt. Once home I down loaded them to the computer and overlayed it on Google Earth. There they were all the Find points with the info for each one!!! I love this detector!!! Re-covery of the day; A dime in the same hole with a 2 inch cotter key!! Running Dr. Tones coin program ....combined...4 tones

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't belive I am able to hunt in Michigan in Jan. Been in the high 30's and 40's....no snow!!1 Got out today to the fair grounds, in the 40's wanted to play with the gps. I recorded a Geo hunt....entered a Way point at the carnival grounds I hunt all the time and then 13 Find points from my hunt. Once home I down loaded them to the computer and overlayed it on Google Earth. There they were all the Find points with the info for each one!!! I love this detector!!! Re-covery of the day; A dime in the same hole with a 2 inch cotter key!! Running Dr. Tones coin program ....combined...4 tones

Glad you were able to have an extended hunting season. Best of luck!
One of the features I really liked on the CTX was Target Trace. As far as price, start adding on accessories to the Equinox and that $900 detector starts climbing up in price and approaches the cost of the Excalibur.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you were able to have an extended hunting season. Best of luck!
One of the features I really liked on the CTX was Target Trace. As far as price, start adding on accessories to the Equinox and that $900 detector starts climbing up in price and approaches the cost of the Excalibur.

I run Target Trace all the time.......another great option on this machine. Can not believe Find points give Fe...Co numbers and depth target was found and the program used, when you down load it and overlay it on Google Earth.

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this ctx 3030, first of Dec., way late in the season by Michigan standards. ....we have had rain instead of snow...above normal temps so the ground is not froze. I have about 25 hours in the field with it in December ....in Michigan:laughing7: Whats not to like.....great machine!!! Glad I ditched the Etrac for this.

Hello fellow Michigander :hello: I've been getting out as well... still digging keepers in late Dec and Jan! Usually, I'm done by November. Good luck with your CTX!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s not to like? Nothing,really. If you can’t lift it and can’t afford it,well...yeah,those folks won’t like it! But you are getting to know it and understanding the features and how to optimize them. I’ve had mine just short of 3 years and blown the DOORS off of everything else I’ve used. 348 silver coins out of public places is nothing to sneeze at,and there’s a REASON for it. It is ACCURATE!!
Enjoy yours,it’s really as good as it gets IMHO...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread