Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with Black Widow, they are kinda heavy but I’m out in the wind and these really block all outside noise.
Also have duel adjustable volume controls so you can get it just right for your ears.
There is a switch that when I find a target, flip it off and it shuts off the sound so you don’t have all that squeaking as you dig, just flip it back on and go.
There’s several that are more compact and light weight but these do the job for me
BT

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever brand you get make sure you get the one's made for the CTX if not the external speaker will stay on. And most of the water proof ones have lower volume so if you have hearing loss is a big deal.

OP
OP
tigerglide

tigerglide

Jan 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the recommendations. Bought the Sunrays with the red knobs...heading out now to give them a go!

OP
OP
tigerglide

tigerglide

Jan 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used the Sunrays today and they are great! Went out for about an hour with my CTX and found four wheats and a mercury dime! Third time using the CTX and still getting use to the machine...a lot is different compared to my other detector

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, It's a great machine with a lot of great features so give it time. Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread