🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok everyone, Please don't laugh.

I purchased my CTX 3030 new in October 2017, and have been using it only during the winter months while we are in Florida. I have been using only either land headphones, underwater headphones, or the WM10 wireless module while detecting.

I was just looking for some information, so I found the full user manual I had downloaded, when I saw a reference to the CTX-3030's 'built in speaker'.

Rear speaker.JPG "What's that? Built in speaker?

Now for the laughter. I did not know that my 3030 even HAD a built in speaker! :dontknow:
I have never heard a sound come out of it. NOT ONCE! I knew the back of the detecting screen housing looked like it could have a speaker, but I did not know there was a speaker on the 3030.
Go ahead, get it over with. because I know anyone reading this is rolling on the ground laughing.:laughing7::laughing9::laughing11::laughing1:

OK, now that that is over. I do want you to know that I did read the limited, multi language manual that came with detector. And here is proof that no mention of a speaker is in the detectors parts rendering image.!

IMG_20200215_062957346.jpg Note the wireless module and headphones!!

IMG_20200215_062957346a.jpg Note NO speaker reference!!

So I need help here. Is there a speaker? IF so, how and when does this speaker actually produce sound?
I can find no setting through the menu's to turn it on.
I have unplugged the wireless module and headphones. Still no sound.
With those unplugged, I have unchecked the 'wireless' checkbox in the menu.

What am I not doing, or what I am doing wrong? Is there or is there not a speaker on the control box?, And, when and how is this built in speaker supposed to work IF it's there?

:BangHead::sad1:

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe RESET the CTX?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaker is disconnected when headphones are plugged in. Speaker volume is same volume in menu used for headphones.

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaker is disconnected when headphones are plugged in. Speaker volume is same volume in menu used for headphones.

Is that supposed to be the same if the wireless module is attached? If I get no sound from the back of the control panel when no headphones or wireless adapter is plugged in, does that mean I have a repair issue?

Thanks for replying....

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is easy to remove the screws on the back, pull the cover off and take a look. Temporarily connect a earphone across the speaker/piezo two connections to verify the signal is getting there.
Of course others will say you just let out the magic nitrogen gas injected in by secret process to prevent water intrusion and your warranty is blown.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not using the WM10 and no headphones are plugged in you should have sound out of speaker. Have you used it in the salt water, you could have corrosion on speaker connections. It is covered under your warranty so send it in while you still have warranty left.

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not using the WM10 and no headphones are plugged in you should have sound out of speaker. Have you used it in the salt water, you could have corrosion on speaker connections. It is covered under your warranty so send it in while you still have warranty left.

Thanks much! Will be arranging for warranty repair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread