FORT SAULESBURY

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
I just got back into the hobby after 20+ years and I'm finding a whole lot of good info on this and other forums. The DataMil site for Delaware maps is really cool. I have also been using Google Earth and been comparing the old (1936) with the new. Yesterday I found Fort Saulsbury which is just outside Slaughter Beach on the map sites, and it really looked promising. Stopped by there this afternoon and found that it's now a goat farm! I was able to find the owner and asked permission to detect on the property and, unfortunately, he dosent allow any one on the property. Oh well. I've found a couple other sites on DataMil and they are on state property. One of them is an abandoned farm house! I'll let you know how I make out.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yeasty be careful. hunting on state owned land in delaware is a crime punishable by a fine, imprisonment, confiscation of your equipment (including your car) or all three. dont take my word for it, email the state parks department. ;)

OP
OP
Yeasty

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Thanks for the info Red. The areas that I'm looking at are not parks but parking areas for access to wildlife areas. Now that I think about it I'm gonna give the Fish and Wildlife folks a call Monday to find out. I'll post what I find out.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yeah, better to be safe than sorry. i am in New Castle county. County property is usually OK to hunt up here, but Wilmington parks are off limits. good luck to you in getting permission to hunt the spots you are looking at. i hope it works out for you. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread