Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been all over the web trying to figure out what Deteknix is up to, without much success. You would figure that they would be all over the forums, because this is where the customer base hangs out. I really like the look of the new Quest detector, however, there is NO information about it available.

They did not respond to my emails.

If they have no information about their flagship product and switch contests around arbitrarily, kinda makes me wonder....

Caveat Emptor

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been all over the web trying to figure out what Deteknix is up to, without much success. You would figure that they would be all over the forums, because this is where the customer base hangs out. I really like the look of the new Quest detector, however, there is NO information about it available.

If they have no information about their flagship product and switch contests around arbitrarily, kinda makes me wonder....

Caveat Emptor

They were online on TN 1 minute after your post. Seems pretty obvious you're concerns aren't important enough for them to reply to.

Yep, I'd be wanting to throw down my money to buy one of their detectors.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Caveat Emptor

You can call them direct. I don't have the number handy but I can post it tomorrow if need be.

I called about some warranty service on my XPointer a few months back and a real human actually answered the phone and answered my questions. I have to admit the girl's English wasn't the best but I was able to get my point across and get a satisfactory answer.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That contest was hard to figure out from the get go. I just opted out when I couldn't understand what Deteknix was asking me to do. Intentions were good but the details were too hazy, and Deteknix probably saw that there was no benefit for them due to miscommunications on their part. The Quest seems unable to live up to the schedule they had planned for it, as no one can clearly see it's footprint a month after proposed shipping dates. Fisher (new Fs) fell into this as well as Whites (Treasuremaster Pro) last year, and it appears Tesoro just gave up on theirs all together.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That contest was hard to figure out from the get go. I just opted out when I couldn't understand what Deteknix was asking me to do. Intentions were good but the details were too hazy, and Deteknix probably saw that there was no benefit for them due to miscommunications on their part. The Quest seems unable to live up to the schedule they had planned for it, as no one can clearly see it's footprint a month after proposed shipping dates. Fisher (new Fs) fell into this as well as Whites (Treasuremaster Pro) last year, and it appears Tesoro just gave up on theirs all together.
Yes i did not enter either i could not understand what they wanted and i do not write long essay's i do not write them and do not read them ...

JBM

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UK machines.

Yes i did not enter either i could not understand what they wanted and i do not write long essay's i do not write them and do not read them ...

I entered the naming contest, but was not a winner.

100 Deteknix Quest pro detectors will be available in the UK in the next few days.

If the workmanship is as good on some other Chinese products within the world market place it should be OK.

Certainly the price is right.

As a octogenarian who has owned many makes of detector over the years it will be a fun week when mine arrives.

The XP Deus has spoiled me having a wireless headset so it will be nice to carry on in this respect.

Happy Hunting guys,

Jerry. JBM Bristol UK.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

100 Deteknix Quest pro detectors will be available in the UK in the next few days.

If the workmanship is as good on some other Chinese products within the world market place it should be OK.

As a octogenarian who has owned many makes of detector over the years it will be a fun week when mine arrives.

The XP Deus has spoiled me having a wireless headset so it will be nice to carry on in this respect.

Happy Hunting guys,

Jerry. JBM Bristol UK.
I will say that some of the Chinese products that i see now a days are better made than some of the made in the USA products

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to their Facebook site, the Quest Pro is scheduled to be shipped this week (at least in the UK and Italy). I went to the Detectorbits site UK and they still are taking pre-orders. They cannot sell but to UK and Ireland.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Happy Hunting guys,

Jerry. JBM Bristol UK.

First of all, welcome to the site Jerry.

as to your being an octogenarian, that's ok too, here in the US that stuff is all legal nowadays

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats weird is...
They have been on... they do not post a reply...

But they "friend request" me.

: /

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Would have been 98 had they lived up to their end of the bargain with the contest. Still waiting to hear about the pinpointers being sent to the winners.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that you are beating on an old pile of bones. That pony died early this winter of a disease called contest eregulartitis. No need to waste any mor time on that company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread